The future has already begin. The banking industry needs to adjust, or it will disappear in the next decade. With the help of 5G, next-generation intelligent ATM-like devices will have highly integrated functions and use technologies such as artificial intelligences-assisted self-service contactless interfaces with facial recognition and digital signatures. This book focuses on new experiences that clients can expect when connected to a 5G network with a 5G device. By 2022 we hope that 5G will:
- Drive accelerated mBanking growth
- Power augmented reality /virtual reality
- Make Video shopping experiences more widespread and compelling
- Enable banks to deploy highly personalized customer service experiences
- Support time-sensitive banking applications, like online stock trading where milliseconds can determine a gain or loss
- Improve security and fraud prevention bycomputing and exchanging more data traveling between parties in real-time
- Enhance mPOS transactions and utilization. 5G holds the potential to accelerate mobile point of sale (MPOS) transaction processing time and improve connectivity
In order to explore these topics, this book covers:
• Decentralization of the banks
• Banking without banks
• 5G will change the modern banking industry
• Blockchain adoption by the banking industry
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction. Chatper 2. Traditional Banking. Chapter 3. Blockchain. Chapter 4. 5G Opportunity. Chapter 5. Digital Consumer. Chapter 6. Synergy. Chapter 7. Machine Learning, PaaS, and Other Future Banking Trends. Chapter 8. Blockchain Bank Architecture. Chapter 9. Common Features: Banking of Tomorrow. Chapter 10. Insurances Based on the Decentralized Network.
SC. Krunoslav Ris, Ph.D., is a digital futurist who covers current Digital Transformation Business processes. He is an international FinTech speaker in over ten countries. Kruno has been in the IT business for 20 years, and he has worked on more than 400 projects. For the last ten years, Kruno has followed Digital Transformation processes worldwide on several projects across China, South Africa, Indonesia, and Germany. As a Head of Direct Channel Development in Zagrebačka Banka, he was directly involved in the Digital Transformation of the most prominent Croatian National Bank. His personal qualities, combined with diverse experiences in software development, mentoring, lecturing, software architecting, and strong leadership, give him a versatile perspective on upcoming technologies in the binary digital age.