A Political and Economic Dictionary of Eastern Europe
- This format is currently out of stock.
An invaluable dictionary, providing an essential guide to the economics and politics of this immense and important region. It contains over 1,000 entries covering the countries, the region's ethnic groups, political parties, prime ministers, presidents, business organizations, geographical features, religions and border disputes.
- entries on Chechnya, Poland, Uniate Church, Gennadii Zyuganov and the Hungarian Democratic Forum
- covers twenty-two countries in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, trans-Caucasus and the Russian Federation
- includes separate articles on each country, and its economy
- entries are arranged alphabetically and are fully cross-referenced making the book easy to use
- all organizations listed include full address, telephone, fax and email details
- geographical and personal name indexes.
'A fascinating and useful volume which is much more than a dictionary.' - International Affairs
'People with a concern for Eastern Europe will seize this book with fervour.' - Reference Reviews