India’s engagement with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is at the heart of its Look East Policy. As a regional bloc, ASEAN has developed much faster than any of the other blocs in the Asia-Pacific. With ASEAN and India working towards establishing a Comprehensive Free Trade Area through Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (RCEP), their cooperation will be key to promoting economic stability, competitiveness, growth and integration in the region.
- provides a comparative analysis of the global and regional economies;
- examines the impact and implications of India–ASEAN integration;
- assesses policy priorities, effectiveness, implementation imperatives and challenges; and
- discusses themes central to the economic sustainability of the region, including public and foreign policy, trade facilitation, financial and scientific cooperation, food security, energy cooperation, and productivity and opportunities in the manufacturing and service sectors.
It will be invaluable to scholars and researchers of economics, international relations, development studies, area studies, as well as policy-makers, administrators, private sector professionals, and non-governmental organisations in the field.
Table of Contents
1. Economic Outlook and Prospects 2. Trends and Patterns of Merchandise Trade 3. Services Trade Patterns and Key Policies 4. Investments Prospects and Challenges 5. Emerging Production Networks between ASEAN and India: Prospects and Challenges 6. ASEAN-India Connectivity: Towards ASEAN-India Economic Corridor 7. Removing Non-Tariff Measures: Building for Trade 8. ASEAN-India Energy Cooperation: Scopes and Opportunities 9. ASEAN-India Monetary and Financial Cooperation: Progress and Tasks Ahead 10. ASEAN – India Science and Technology Cooperation: The Emerging Scenario 11. ASEAN-India Cooperation in Food Security and Food Reserves 12. Towards a Stronger Cultural Link between ASEAN and India
ASEAN–India Centre, Research and Information System for Developing Countries