Additive Manufacturing (AM) has altered manufacturing as we know it, with shortened development time, increased performance, and reduced product costs. Executive management in industry are bombarded by marketing from their competitors showcasing design solutions leveraged through AM. Therefore, executive management ask their project management teams to figure out how to utilize AM within their own company. Clueless on how to approach the problem, managers start learning about AM from experts and become overwhelmed at the highly technical information. Unlike other AM books that focus on the technical output of AM technology, this new book focuses solely on the managerial implementation.
- Presents the impacts of AM technology
- Provides engaging, practical, and entertaining "war stories" from the front line of AM industrialization
- Describes in detail, the significant hurdles in AM certification and implementation
- Offers templates of proven change management best practices, as practical solutions
- Omits the technical verbiage that gets in the way of management understanding how the process is implemented
Section I: Additive Manufacturing Background and Potential. 1. Additive Manufacturing Overview. 2. Additive Manufacturing
Potential for Industry. Section II: Creating and Managing Additively Manufactured Change. 3. The Impact of Disruptive
Technology. 4. War Stories from the Front-Line of Industrializing AM – Five Case Studies. Section III: Additive Manufacturing
Barriers. 5. Certification. 6. Machine Cost of Ownership. 7. Make vs. Buy. 8. Skilled Workforce, or Lack Thereof. 9. Cultural Adoption
of Change. Section IV: Applying Change Management Best Practices to AM. 10. Establish a Sense of Urgency. 11. Creating a
Guiding Coalition. 12. Develop a Vision and Strategy. 13. Communicate the Change Vision. 14. Empower Broad Based Action. 15.
Generate Short-Term Wins. 16. Consolidate Gains and Promote more AM Adoption. 17. Anchor New Approaches in the Culture.