This book provides a balanced blend of fundamental concepts of fabrication, characterization of conventional ceramics, extending to present the recent advances in ceramic membranes. It covers the basic concepts of ceramic membranes as well as practical and theoretical knowledge in conventional and advanced ceramic membranes combined with unorthodox ideas for novel approaches in ceramic membranes. Book includes lot of real time examples derived largely from research work by authors. Aimed at researchers, students and academics in the field of membrane engineering around the globe, it has following key features:
- Guides readers through manufacturing, characterizing and using low-cost ceramic technology.
- Provides an overview of the different types of ceramic membranes, catalytic reactors and their uses.
- Covers industrial application, separation and purification.
- Includes recent developments and advances in membrane fabrication.
- Discusses new raw materials for ceramic membranes.
Table of Contents
1. Ceramic Membrane Processes
2. Fabrication of Ceramic Membranes
3. Characterization Techniques
4. Ceramic Membrane Cleaning Methods
5. Introduction to Membrane Reactors and Membrane Contactors
6. Low-Cost Tubular Ceramic Support Membranes
7. Fabrication of a Low-Cost Tubular Catalytic Membrane Reactor
8. Study of Mass Transfer of CMRs
9. Various Applications of Ceramic Membranes