Advanced Computational Methods in Mechanical and Materials Engineering
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 24, 2021
This book provides in-depth knowledge to solve engineering, geometrical, mathematical, and scientific problems with the help of advanced computational methods with a focus on mechanical and materials engineering. Divided into three subsections covering design and fluids, thermal engineering and materials engineering, each chapter includes exhaustive literature review along with thorough analysis and future research scope. Major topics covered pertains to computational fluid dynamics, mechanical performance, design, and fabrication including wide range of applications in industries as automotive, aviation, electronics, nuclear and so forth.
- Covers computational methods in design and fluid dynamics with a focus on computational fluid dynamics
- Explains advanced material applications and manufacturing in labs using novel alloys and introduces properties in material
- Discusses fabrication of graphene reinforced magnesium metal matrix for orthopedic applications
- Illustrates simulation and optimization gear transmission, heat sink and heat exchangers application
- Provides unique problem-solution approach including solutions, methodology, experimental setup, and results validation
This book is aimed at Researchers, Graduate students in mechanical engineering, computer fluid dynamics, fluid mechanics, computer modeling, machine parts, and mechatronics.
Table of Contents
1. Integration of Technologies to Foster Sustainable Manufacturing
2. An Intelligence Assisted Cobots in Smart Manufacturing
3. Machine Learning for Friction Stir Welding
4. Mathematical and Intelligent Modeling in Tundish Steel Making
5. Analysis of Inclusion Behavior In-Mold during Continuous Casting
6. A Robust Hybrid Approach for Roundness Evaluation
7. Computational Techniques for Predicting Process Parameters in Magnetorheological Fluid Assisted Finishing Process
8. Computational Techniques for Predicting Process Parameters in Magnetorheological Fluid Assisted Finishing Process
9. Numerical Analysis of Limited LOCA Event Involving Deflection of Pressure Tube
10. Application of Configurational Force Concept to Calculate the Crack Driving Force in Presence of an Interface at Various Orientations
11. Thermal Contact Conductance Prediction Using FEM Based Computational Technique
12.Viscoelastic Composites for Passive Damping of Structural Vibration
13.Thermal Buckling and Post Buckling Behavior of CNT Reinforced Composite Laminated Plate
14. Mesoscale Analysis of Polymer-CNT Composites for Evaluation of Elasto-Plastic and Thermo-Elastic Properties
15. (MAFM) Process Parameters for Internal Finishing of Al/SiC/Al2O3/REOs Composites Using Box-Behnken Design "
Dr. Ashwani Kumar received Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering) in the area of Mechanical Vibration and Design. He is currently working as Head of Department Mechanical Engineering (Gazetted Officer Class I) at Technical Education Department, Uttar Pradesh (Government of Uttar Pradesh) India. He has more than 11 years of research and academic experience in mechanical engineering. He is Associate Editor for International Journal of Mathematical, Engineering and Management Sciences (IJMEMS) Indexed in ESCI/Scopus and DOAJ. He is editorial board member of 4 international journals and acts as review board member of 20 prestigious (Indexed in SCI/SCIE/Scopus) international journals with high impact factor. In addition he has published 83 research articles in journals, book chapters and conferences. He has authored/co-authored cum edited 13 books of Mechanical and Materials Engineering. He is associated with International Conferences as Invited Speaker/ Advisory Board/Review Board member. He has been awarded as Best Teacher for excellence in academic and research. In his career, he has successfully guided 4 M.E./M.Tech theses and currently guiding 1 Ph.D. and 1 M.Tech thesis. In administration he is working as coordinator for AICTE, E.O.A., Nodal officer for PMKVY-TI Scheme (Government of India) and internal coordinator for CDTP scheme (Government of Uttar Pradesh). He is currently involved in the research area of Machine Learning, Advanced Materials, Machining & Manufacturing Techniques, Biodegradable Composites, Heavy Vehicle Dynamics and Coriolis Mass Flow Sensor.
Yatika Gori is pursuing her Ph.D. in Tribology and working as Assistant Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering Graphic Era University Dehradun Uttarakhand India. She has more than 8 years of research and academic experience. She is working in area of FEA, Crack Propagation, Welding and Tribology. She has published 16 research articles in International Journals. Her current article in Tribology International has 4.127 Impact Factor. She is core team member of NAAC and NBA accreditation work in Mechanical Engineering Department. She is an editor of two international books.
Dr. Nitesh Dutt is working as Assistant Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering Roorkee, Uttarakhand India. He has 6.5 years of teaching and research experience. He has done his bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Masters and PhD from IIT Roorkee. He has published 11 research article of high impact factor in SCI journals. His main area of research is nuclear engineering and design, Heat and Mass Transfer, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Thermodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
Dr. Yogesh Kumar Singla associated with Case Western Reserve University, USA has done his Ph.D. from IIT Roorkee. He has more than 6 years of research and teaching experience. He is working in the area of Manufacturing, Welding, Surface Engineering, Tribology, Materials Characterization, Welding Metallurgy and Mechanical Behavior of Metals. He has 10 SCI publications and 05 Scopus Indexed publications. Apart from this, 4 SCI papers are in-process. In his career, he has successfully guided 1 Ph.D. and 4 M.E. theses. He is a reviewer of many SCI journals of Elsevier and Springer having impact factor ranging from 0.7-5.289. He is about to submit one patent on solar dryer. He has given many expert talks at State and Central Level Institutes/Universities. He also has the experience of conducting 10 days Faculty Development Program. In addition to this, he is an Editor of two International Books entitled "Advanced Computational Methods in Mechanical and Materials Engineering" and "Advanced Materials for Bio-Mechanical Applications" to be published by CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group https://taylorandfrancis.com/books/) in 2021.
Dr. Ambrish Maurya is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at National Institute of Technology Patna, Bihar, India. He has a teaching experience of more than 5 years and during his academic career, he has guided several Master’s Thesis and B. Tech. projects and presently he is also guiding five Ph.D. scholars. Dr. Maurya has completed his Master of Technology in Production and Industrial Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee in 2010. He carried out his Ph.D. research at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee in the area of physical and mathematical modeling of continuous casting process of steelmaking, during 2012 - 2017. He also has research expertise in the area of processing and fabrication of metal matrix composite, polymer composites, advanced casting technologies, computational fluid dynamics, and solar energy. Dr. Maurya has published more than 20 research articles and book chapters in international journals and conferences. He has also reviewed for several journals such as Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Journal of Material Processing, etc.