This book summarizes recent and critical aspects of advanced materials for environmental protection and remediation. It explores the various development aspects related to environmental remediation, including design and development of novel and highly efficient materials, aimed at environmental sustainability. Synthesis of advanced materials with desirable physicochemical properties and applications is covered as well. Distributed across 13 chapters, the major topics covered include sensing and elimination of contaminants and hazardous materials via advanced materials along with hydrogen energy, biofuels, and CO2 capture technology.
- Discusses the development in design of synthesis process and materials with sustainable approach.
- Covers removal of biotic and abiotic wastes from the aqueous systems.
- Includes hydrogen energy and biofuels under green energy production.
- Explores removal of environmental (soil and air) contaminants with nanomaterials.
- Reviews advanced materials for environmental remediation in both liquid and gas phases.