Advanced Porous Biomaterials for Drug Delivery Applications probes cutting-edge progress in the application of advanced porous biomaterials in drug delivery fields. These biomaterials offer promise in improving upon the design, cost, and creation of potent novel drug delivery systems. The book focuses on two categories: nature engineered and synthetic advanced porous biomaterials, with a wide range of low-cost porous biomaterial-based systems that have been used for the delivery of diverse drugs through in vitro/in vivo approaches.
- Details how advanced porous biomaterial-assisted systems improve essential properties in drug delivery applications
- Explains how advanced porous biomaterials systems are being used and explored to improve overall performances of drug delivery systems in mitigating a variety of diseases
- Emphasizes major applications in drug delivery such as controlled release, cancer therapy, and targeted delivery, and with focus on oral, topical, and transdermal applications
- Focuses on both naturally available and synthetic low-cost advanced porous biomaterials and their role in enhancing important parameters in drug delivery applications
- Accessible to readers with bio and non-bio backgrounds
This book is an ideal reference for academics, researchers, and industry professionals in the interdisciplinary fields of biomedicine and biomedical engineering, pharmaceuticals, materials science, and chemistry.