The focus of this book is on the design of a specific control strategy using digital computers. This control strategy referred to as Sliding Mode Control (SMC), has its roots in (continuous-time) relay control. This book aims to explain recent investigations' output in the field of discrete-time sliding mode control (DSMC).
The book starts by explaining a new robust LMI-based (state-feedback and observer-based output-feedback) DSMC including a new scheme for sparsely distributed control. It includes a novel event-driven control mechanism, called actuator-based event-driven scheme, using a synchronized-rate biofeedback system for heart rate regulation during cycle-ergometer.
- Focuses on LMI-based SMC (sliding mode control) for uncertain discrete-time system using novel nonlinear components in the control law
- Makes reader understand the techniques of designing a discrete controller based on the flexible sliding functions
- Proposes new algorithms for sparsifying control and observer network through multi-objective optimization frameworks
- Discusses a framework for the design of SMC for two-dimensional systems along with analyzing the controllability of two-dimensional systems
- Discusses novel schemes for sparsifying the control network
Table of Contents
1 Introduction. 2 LMI-based SF DSMC. 3 LMI-based output feedback DSMC. 4 NCSs with measurement packet losses5 NCSs with actuation and measurement packet losses. 6 Sparse DSMC for NCSs. 7 Optimal sparse SMC for NCSs. 8 DSMC for 2D Systems. 9 Controllability Analysis of 2D systems. 10 HR Regulation During Cycle-Ergometer Exercise.