This book is intended as a graduate/post graduate level textbook for courses on high-speed optical networks as well as computer networks. The ten chapters cover basic principles of the technology as well as latest developments and further discuss network security, survivability, and reliability of optical networks and priority schemes used in wavelength routing. This book also goes on to examine Fiber To The Home (FTTH) standards and their deployment and research issues and includes examples in all the chapters to aid the understanding of problems and solutions.
- Presents advanced concepts of optical network devices
- Includes examples and exercises inall the chapters of the book to aid the understanding of basic problems and solutions for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Discusses optical ring metropolitan area networks and queuing system and its interconnection with other networks
- Discusses routing and wavelength assignment
- Examines restoration schemes in the survivability of optical networks
Table of Contents
1. Optical Ring Metropolitan Area Network 2. Queuing System and Its Interconnection with Other Networks 3. Routing and Wavelength Assignment 4. Virtual Topology. 5. Wavelength Conversion in WDM Network. 6. Traffic Grooming in Optical Networks. 7. Survivability of Optical Networks. 8. Restoration Schemes in Survivability of Optical Network. 9. Network Reliability and Security. 9. FTTH Standards, Deployments and Issues. 10. Math Labcodes for Optical Fiber Communication System
Dr. Partha Pratim Sahu received his MTech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and is a PhD degree holder in engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. In 1991, he joined Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited, where he was engaged in R&D works related to optical fiber components and telecommunication instruments. In 1996, he joined North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology as a faculty member. At present, he is working as Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Tezpur Central University, Assam, India. His field of interest includes integrated electronic circuits and optic circuits, wireless and optical communication networks, optical sensor, Oscan electronics and neuro-engineering. He has published more than 42 papers in peer review international journals and presented 32 papers in international conferences. He is a Fellow of the Optical Society of India, a Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education, and a member of Optical Society of America and the IEEE Communication Society.