Pack: Book and CD
Internationally, full-scale accelerated pavement testing, either on test roads or linear/circular test tracks, has proven to be a valuable tool that fills the gap between models and laboratory tests and long-term experiments on in-service pavements. Accelerated pavement testing is used to improve understanding of pavement behavior, and evaluation of innovative materials and additives, alternative materials processing, new construction techniques, and new types of structures. It provides quick comparisons between current and new practice and the ability to rapidly validate and calibrate models with quality data, with minimal risk at relatively low cost.
Advances in Pavement Design through Full-scale Accelerated Pavement Testingis a collection of papers from the 4th International Conference on Accelerated Pavement Testing (Davies, CA, USA, 19-21 September 2012), and includes contributions on a variety of topics including:
- Overview of Accelerated Pavement Testing
- Establishment of New Accelerated Pavement Testing Facilities
- Review of the Impact of Accelerated Pavement Testing Programs on Practice
- Instrumentation for Accelerated Pavement Testing
- Accelerated Pavement Testing on Asphalt Concrete Pavements
- Accelerated Pavement Testing on Portland Cement Concrete Pavements
- Accelerated Pavement Testing to Evaluate Functional Performance
- Relating Laboratory Tests to Performance using Accelerated Pavement Testing
- Development and Calibration of Empirical and Mechanistic-empirical Pavement Design Procedures and Models
- Benefit-cost Analysis of Accelerated Pavement Testing
Advances in Pavement Design through Full-scale Accelerated Pavement Testingwill be useful to academics and professionals involved in pavement engineering.