This practical and comprehensive text effectively provides advertising account planning principles within an integrated marketing communications framework. With a world-renowned textbook author team, this 4th edition has been fully updated to include:
- Fresh professional examples and mini-case studies within each chapter with a more global outlook than previous editions, bringing the theoretical concepts to life
- A new chapter on International Advertising addressing the challenges of managing a global campaign
- Pedagogical features and visual aids to support student learning and comprehension, including reflective questions and mini-cases drawn from current industry examples
- New and expanded content covering digital marketing and technologies; the customer journey; ethics and corporate social responsibility; global positioning of the brand; paid, earned and owned media; influencer marketing, and campaign measurement and analytics
Providing a full understanding of the advertising account planning process, this textbook is perfect for both the industry and classroom. The textbook will equip students of Marketing Communications, Advertising Management and Brand Management with the knowledge and skills they need to plan and manage a strategic communications campaign, including prominent advertising student competitions such as American Advertising Federation ( AAF) National Student Advertising Competition ( NSAC) or the Collegiate EFFIES.
Online resources include PowerPoint slides and a test bank.
- Account Planning History and Practice
- The Role That Account Planning Plays in a Campaign
- Brand Destination Planning
- Situation Analysis: ‘Understanding the Landscape’
- Benchmarking Consumer Perceptions
- Understanding the Consumer Mindset
- Developing Insights
- The Role of Strategic Communication
- Defining the Audience
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Personality
- Brand Essence
- What is a Big Idea?
- Briefing the Team to Get a Great Campaign
- Account Planning and Integration
- International Advertising
- Measuring the Success of a Campaign
- Future Thoughts on Account Planning
"With its accessible format, real-world examples, and logical and thorough presentation, Advertising Account Planning is the go-to guide for both students and practitioners in account planning, consumer behavior, and campaign development. The expanded content on digital marketing and media technologies provides a full, up-to-date understanding of the process."
Lisa C. Troy, Texas A&M University