Advertising Management in a Digital Environment: Text and Cases blends the latest methods for digital communication and an understanding of the global landscape with the best practices of the functional areas of management.
Divided into three core sections, the book provides a truly holistic approach to Advertising Management. The first part considers the fundamentals of advertising management, including leadership, ethics and corporate social responsibility, and finance and budgeting. The second part considers human capital management and managing across cultures, whilst the third part discusses strategic planning, decision making and brand strategy. To demonstrate how theory translates to practice in advertising, each chapter is illustrated with real-life case studies from a broad range of sectors, and practical exercises allow case analysis and further learning.
This new textbook offers an integrated and global approach to Advertising Management and should be core or recommended reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Media Management, Advertising, Marketing Management and Strategy, Communications and Public Relations. The applied approach provided by case study analysis makes it equally suitable for those in executive education and studying for professional qualifications.
Table of Contents
1. The New World of Advertising Management: Digital and Global
Case 1.1: Boswell Agency
2. Culture, Administration and Leadership in a Global Market
Case 2.1: Prime Media
3. Advertising Ethnics and Social Responsibility Across Cultures
Case 3.1: KMF Agency
4. Understanding the role of Finance and Budgeting
Case 4.1: The Southern Rice Company
Case 4.2: Vineyard Agency
5. Managing Means Measuring
Case 5.1: Randall White Dog Food
Case 5.2: Tinsdale Agency and Design
6. An Overview of Personnel Management
Case 6.1: IPortal Media Company
7. Adjusting to Being a New Manager
Case 7.1: Metropolitan Media Company
Case 7.2: Gotham Media
8. Managing Creative People
Case 8.1: JPT Agency
9. Managing across Cultures
Case 9.1: The Davis Group
10. Handling Tricky Situations
Case 10.1: The Leaky Oil Company
11. Management and Creative Strategy
Case 11.1: Go Organic Company
12. Making Strategic Decisions in Advertising Management within a Brand perspective
Case 12.1: Boston Insurance Company
13. Aligning Strategy to Cultural Differences in Advertising Management
Case 13.1: Barrands Agency
14. Managing the brand’s digital assets
Case 14.1: AdLeaders
15. Advertising Management when Things go Wrong
Case 15.1: Phoenix Power Company
Larry D. Kelley is Professor of Advertising at the Jack J. Valenti School of Communication at the University of Houston, USA.
Kim Bartel Sheehan is Professor and Director of the Master’s in Advertising and Brand Responsibility at the University of Oregon, USA.