Air Transport Management: An International Perspective provides in-depth instruction in the diverse and dynamic area of commercial air transport management. The 2nd edition has been extensively revised and updated to reflect the latest developments in the sector.
The textbook includes both introductory reference material and more advanced content so as to provide a solid foundation in the core principles and practices of air transport management. This 2nd edition includes a new chapter on airline regulation and deregulation and new dedicated chapters focusing on aviation safety and aviation security. Four new contributors bring additional insights and expertise to the book.
The 2nd edition retains many of the key features of the 1st edition, including:
• A clearly structured topic-based approach that provides information on key air transport management issues including: aviation law, economics; airport and airline management; finance; environmental impacts, human resource management; and marketing;
• Chapters authored by leading air transport academics and practitioners worldwide which provide an international perspective;
• Learning objectives and key points which provide a framework for learning;
• Boxed case studies and examples in each chapter;
• Keyword definitions and stop and think boxes to prompt reflection and aid understanding of key terms and concepts.
Designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying aviation and business management degree programmes and industry practitioners seeking to expand their knowledge base, the book provides a single point of reference to the key legal, regulatory, strategic and operational concepts and processes that shape the form and function of the world’s commercial air transport industry.
1 Aviation law and regulation 2 Aviation economics and forecasting 3 Airline regulation and deregulation 4 Airfield design, configuration and management 5 Airport systems planning, design, and management 6 Airport management and performance 7 The airport–airline relationship 8 Airline business models 9 Airline pricing strategies 10 Airline passengers 11 Airline scheduling and disruption management 12 Airline finance and financial management 13 Aviation safety 14 Aviation security 15 Airspace and air traffic management 16 Aircraft manufacturing and technology 17 Air cargo and logistics 18 Environmental impacts and mitigation 19 Human resource management and industrial relations 20 Air transport marketing communications 21 Air transport in regional, rural and remote regions