This book covers relevant synthesizing parameters, their interactions, and advantages of blending fly ash and blast furnace slag as source material, their relationship with mechanical properties and microstructure including guidelines to produce an optimal mix proportion. Further, it discusses related durability aspects, mechanical properties and reaction products and their inter-relationship. It explains phase characterization with XRD/SEM, change in the bond formulations with FTIR, FESEM and EDAX analysis. A mix design guideline based on empirical statistical concept has been put forward for professionals to manufacture customized activated fly ash composites in presence of slag. Aimed at graduate/senior undergraduate students, researchers in civil engineering, construction engineering, ceramics, material sciences, this book:
- Covers mechanical and microstructural properties, curing, durability of blended Alkali- activated composites with fly ash and blast furnace slag.
- Proposes a guideline for mix design on chemical compositions of ingredients, relationship of synthesizing parameters, workability, target strength.
- Describes sustainable green material manufacturing methodologies.
- Discusses issues like microstructural properties and reaction mechanism.
- Explores related modern experimental techniques like XRD, FTIR, MIP and so forth.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Polymerization and Microstructure of Alkali-Activated Composites. 3. Physical, Mechanical, and Microstructural Properties of Alkali-Activated Paste and Mortar. 4. Durability of Alkali-Activated Paste and Mortar. 5. Prediction model and Mix Design Methodology of Fly Ash-Slag Alkali -Activated Composites. References. Appendix.
Kushal Ghosh has received Bachelor of Civil Engineering with distinction from Pune University-India in the year 2012 and Doctor of Philosophy from Jadavpur University-India in the year 2018. At present, he is serving as Assistant Professor in National Institute of Technology(NIT)-Sikkim – India . He has worked as Structural design Engineer in Skematic Consultant – India for four years. His major research area is “Sustainable High-Performance Green construction material”. He has guided eight students for their thesis at ME level. He has published several papers in peer reviewed journals and conferences mostly on “Alkali Activated Composites” and on “High Performance Concrete”. Partha Ghosh has received Bachelor of Civil Engineering from National Institute of Technology ( NIT)-Agartala-India in the year 2001, Master of Civil Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy from Jadavpur University-India in the year 2003 and 2007 respectively. At present, he is serving as Associate Professor in Jadavpur University – India. His major research area is “High Performance construction material”. He has guided fifteen students for their thesis at ME level and has guided two for their thesis at Ph.D level . He has published several papers in peer reviewed journals and conferences mostly on “High Performance construction material”. He has published two books out of which is one book on “Geopolymer”. He is a fellow of Institution of Engineers (India). He is rendering his services as Structural consultant at National level. He has done research in North Western University – USA, Monash University – Australia and Delft University-Netherlands.