Applied Econometrics: A Practical Guide is an extremely user-friendly and application-focused book on econometrics. Unlike many econometrics textbooks which are heavily theoretical on abstractions, this book is perfect for beginners and promises simplicity and practicality to the understanding of econometric models. Written in an easy-to-read manner, the book begins with hypothesis testing and moves forth to simple and multiple regression models. It also includes advanced topics:
- Endogeneity and Two-stage Least Squares
- Simultaneous Equations Models
- Panel Data Models
- Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variable Models
- Vector Autoregressive (VAR) Models
- Autocorrelation and ARCH/GARCH Models
- Unit Root and Cointegration
The book also illustrates the use of computer software (EViews, SAS and R) for economic estimating and modeling. Its practical applications make the book an instrumental, go-to guide for solid foundation in the fundamentals of econometrics. In addition, this book includes excerpts from relevant articles published in top-tier academic journals. This integration of published articles helps the readers to understand how econometric models are applied to real-world use cases.
Table of Contents
1. Review of Estimation and Hypothesis Tests
2. Simple Linear Regression Models
3. Multiple Linear Regression Models
4. Dummy Explanatory Variables
5. More on Multiple Regression Analysis
6. Endogeneity and Two-Stage Least Squares Estimation
7. Models for Panel Data
8. Simultaneous Equations Models
9. Vector Autoregressive (VAR) Models
10. Autocorrelation and ARCH/GARCH
11. Unit Root, Cointegration and Error Correction Model
12. Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variable Models
Chung-ki Min is Professor of Economics at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, South Korea.
'This book provides an intuitive and easy-to-access introduction to econometrics. A variety of topics of econometrics suitable for undergraduate students are discussed in the book along with stimulating examples and computer codes. This book certainly deserves a high recommendation for undergraduate students.' — Professor In Choi, Department of Economics, Sogang University, Korea
'The book provides a clear introduction to applied econometrics and is recommended for someone who wants a grounding in basic econometrics. Prof Min is to be congratulated on the simple but effective way in which he presents his ideas.' — Ferdinand A. Gul, Alfred Deakin Professor, Department of Accounting, Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University, Australia
To gain access to the instructor resources for this title, please visit the Instructor Resources Download Hub.
You will be prompted to fill out a registration form which will be verified by one of our sales reps.