280 pages | 143 B/W Illus.
Undergraduate engineering students need good mathematics skills, and this textbook supports this with a strong emphasis on visualization and the methods and tools needed across the whole of engineering. The visual approach is emphasised, and excessive proofs and derivations are avoided. The visual images explain and teach the mathematical methods. The book's website www.crcpress.com/9780367432768 provides dynamic and interactive codes in Mathematica to accompany the examples for the reader to explore on their own with Mathematica or the free Computational Document Format player, and access for instructors to a solutions manual.
2. Physical Processes
3. Modeling of Physical Processes
5. Linear Algebra
6. Non-Linear Algebraic Equations: Root Finding and Optimization
7. Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations
8. Laplace Transforms
9. Numerical Solutions of Ordinary Differential Equations
10. First Order Ordinary Differential Equations
11. Second Order Ordinary Differential Equations