312 pages | 270 Color Illus.
Aquatic Plants: Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Applications provides a concise description of popular aquatic plants found across the globe. The chapters of this beautifully illustrated, full color book focus on the aquatic species native to a specific continent. The book explains the distribution, ethnobotanical uses, genome sequencing, chemical compounds and biological activity of these plants. Written by a global team of experts, it addresses the cultivation and sustainable production of aquatic and wetland plants.
Aquatic Plants: Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Applications is a valuable resource for academics conducting research on aquatic plants, and for professionals in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries who are involved with the therapeutic applications of these plants and their sustainable usage.
1. An introduction to aquatic plants
2. Aquatic plants native to Africa
3. Aquatic Plants Native to Asia and Australia
Marco De Canha
4. Aquatic Plants Native to America
5. Aquatic plants native to Europe
Isa A. Lambrechts
6. Sustainable Production of Aquatic and Wetland Plants