Aquatic Plants Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Applications
Aquatic Plants: Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Applications provides a concise description of popular aquatic plants found across the globe. The chapters in this beautifully illustrated, full-color book focus on the aquatic species native to specific continents. Written by a global team of experts, this book explains the distribution, ethnobotanical uses, genome sequencing, chemical compounds, and biological activity of these plants and addresses the cultivation and sustainable production of aquatic and wetland plants.
- Describes the biological activity of a large collection of aquatic plants.
- Color photographs highlight each plant’s ethnobotanical characteristics, and structural formulae show their chemical constituents.
- Contributions come from leading scientists from countries including the United States, India, Mauritius, South Africa, and Cyprus.
Aquatic Plants: Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Applications is a valuable resource for academics conducting research on aquatic plants and for professionals in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries who are involved with the therapeutic applications of these plants and their sustainable usage.
1. An introduction to aquatic plants
2. Aquatic plants native to Africa
3. Aquatic Plants Native to Asia and Australia
Marco De Canha
4. Aquatic Plants Native to America
5. Aquatic plants native to Europe
Isa A. Lambrechts
6. Sustainable Production of Aquatic and Wetland Plants