The book aims to be reading for asset maintenance management in a perspective of whole life cycle of any type of physical asset. It deals with acquisition management, including econometric models to evaluate its life cycle, and the maintenance policies to adopt during its life until withdrawal. It also covers vital areas such as EAM/CMMS systems and its integration with the many technologies that are used to aid condition monitoring and the internet of things to improve maintenance management and to increase equipment availability. This will equip readers with new management methodologies, their requisites, and its importance to the improvement of corporate competitiveness.
• Presents life cycle analysis in asset management
• Attribution of tools to improve the life cycle of equipment
• Provides assistance on the diagnosis of the maintenance state
• Presentation of the state-of-the-art of technology to aid maintenance
• Explores integration of EAM/CMMS systems with internet of things
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Terology Activity. 3. Physical Asset Acquisition and Withdrawal. 4. Diagnosis of Maintenance State. 5. Maintenance Management. 6. Maintenance Resources. 7. Integrated Systems for Maintenance Management. 8. Expert Systems for Fault Diagnosis. 9. Maintenance 4.0. 10. Forecasting. 11. Maintenance Logistics12. Condition Monitoring. 13. Dynamic Modelling. 14. Three-Dimensional Systems. 15. Reliability. 16. Management Methodologies. 17. Maintenance Standards. 18. Maintenance Project Management. 19. Maintenance Training. 20. Terology beyond Tomorrow.
José Manuel Torres Farinha is Auditor of National Defence, by the Institute of National Defence. Coordinator Professor of Mechanical Engineering Area, at Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Coimbra Polytechnic, Portugal.Coordinator of the MSc in Industrial Engineering and Management at Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Coimbra Polytechnic, Portugal.