This book is a compilation of endoscopic images of the upper gastrointestinal tract. The 3rd edition is enriched with high-resolution digital images highlighting the classification and staging of endoscopically relevant diseases. Serial documentation of diseases and procedures like corrosive injury, variceal obliteration, peptic ulcer etc. provides a complete, informative and interesting perspective. Rare conditions like Dieulafoy’s disease and Gastric antral vascular ectasia (GAVE) have been extensively discussed along with common diseases of the GI tract. This book outlines the technique and interpretation of endoscopic images proving to be a helpful guide to endoscopy practitioners.
- Explores various GI tract diseases through coloured, high resolution clinical photographs.
- Serves as a useful reckoner for trainee endoscopists and practitioners pursuing gastroenterology or gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- The text is updated with tables, flowcharts, classifications and international treatment guidelines.
Table of Contents
- Technics of UGI Endoscopy & Normal Anatomy
- Esophageal Webs, Rings and Strictures
- Hiatus Hernia and Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Motility Disorders of Esophagus
- Benign Gastric Ulcer
- Chronic Duodenal Ulcer
- Benign Tumors
- Malignant Tumors
- Portal Hypertension
- Corrosive Injury
- Uncommon Inflammatory Lesions & Tropical Diseases of Upper GI Tract
- Mallory Weiss Syndrome
- Dieulafoy’s Lesion
- Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia (GAVE)
- Foreign Body
- Tracheo-Esophageal Fistula
Md. Ibrarullah is Senior Consultant in the Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Apollo Hospitals, Bhubaneswar. He obtained his graduate degree from SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa in 1985 and Postgraduate degree in General Surgery from JN Medical College, Aligarh in 1988. He was associated with the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, since its inception and awarded post-doctoral (MCh) degree in the super-specialty in 1995. He has been a national faculty in various academic forums and contributed articles and research papers in several national and international journals and books.
This book covers all the basic concepts of endoscopy, and is a helpful resource for gastroenterologists and trainees. The author is a recognized expert on the subject. The atlas is nicely separated in parts according to the diseases of interest. All clinical contexts are relevant to current practices and can be utilized easily. Printed images make a long-lasting impression.
Xiaoping He, M.D.(University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics)