This unique and comprehensive atlas by an expert practioner provides an innovative pictorial guide to flexible bronchoscopy, one of the most exciting and challenging procedures in respiratory medicine today.
- Includes the very latest procedures and techniques
- Comprehensive coverage, guides you through the range of anatomical and pathological possibilities
- A step-by-step guide to the use of bronchoscopic techniques, interpretation of images and differential diagnoses
- Integrates naked eye, bronchoscopic and radiological anatomy to give you a thorough understanding of the procedure
- Numerous full colour illustrations and sound practical advice make this a key text for learning and refining your technique
The book will be invaluable to those training in respiratory medicine, plus also specialist respiratory nurses and practising pulmonologists who wish to expand their practice and knowledge of the technique.
Table of Contents
Normal anatomy (anterior approach)
Normal anatomy (posterior approach)
Vascular relationships and lymph node stations
Transbronchial fine-needle aspiration (anterior approach)
Transbronchial fine-needle aspiration (posterior approach)
Endobronchial ultrasound bronchoscopy
Intubation and management of airway haemorrhage
Endobronchial tumour debulking
Bronchoscopic treatment for emphysema and asthma: bronchoscopic lung volume reduction
Pallav Shah MD MBBS FRCP is a Consultant Physician at the Royal Brompton Hospital and the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London. He is leader of the Bronchoscopy Service for the Royal Brompton Hospital. He has been the founding chair of the Interventional Pulmonology Specialist Advisory Group for the British Thoracic Society as well as an editor for the thoracic section of Gray's Anatomy.