All the mandatory units of the 2010 BTEC Level 3 Engineering specification, plus selected popular optional units
- Clear, full colour layout and numerous activities, worked examples and questions with answers, make it easy for students to learn and revise for their exams
- Content you can trust – written by two lecturers with over 50 years combined experience of designing and delivering engineering qualifications
- Free student website with interactive quizzes, downloads and additional material o support learning
The third edition of this bestselling textbook ensures that all the mandatory units of 2010 BTEC Level 3 Engineering specification are fully covered in a way that encourages students to explore engineering for themselves, developing the expertise and knowledge required at this level.
Key points and definitions highlight the most important concepts and hundreds of activities and worked examples help put theory in context. Questions throughout the text, with answers provided, allow students to test their knowledge as they go, while end of unit review questions are ideal for exam revision and set course work.
For lecturers a Tutor Support DVD-ROM is available to help with the delivery of the programme: BTEC National Engineering Tutor Support Material, ISBN 978-0-08-096683-0.
Units covered: Unit 1 – Health and Safety in the Workplace, Unit 2 – Communications for Engineering Technicians, Unit 3 – Engineering Project, Unit 4 – Mathematics for Engineering technicians, Unit 5 – Mechanical Principles and Applications, Unit 6 – Electrical and Electronic Principles, Unit 7 – Business Operations in Engineering, Unit 8 – Engineering Design.
A free student website, including answers to all activities, is available at http://www.key2study.com/btecnat and features:
- Interactive quizzes with automatic marking and feedback
- A free comprehensive 2D CAD package for downloading
- A variety of spreadsheet tools for solving common engineering problems
- Useful engineering data summaries
- Extensive Visio symbol libraries for engineering drawing/CAD
- Drawing templates and sample drawings in industry-standard format
- Additional material to support learning activities and assignments
- Book chapter: Arithmetic and Trigonometric Fundamentals
- ‘Test your Knowledge’ and ‘End of Unit Review’ questions
Unit 2 - Communications for Engineering Technicians
Unit 3 - Engineering Project
Unit 4 - Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
Unit 5 - Mechanical Principles and Applications
Unit 6 - Electrical and Electronic Principles
Unit 7 - Business Operations in Engineering
Unit 8 - Engineering design</P>
'Decent coverage of the mandatory units along with a good selection of worked examples. The book is well illustrated with check your knowledge questions at the end of each section.' Alun Furzer, Newport and District Group Training Association