Beginner's Guide to Code Algorithms
Experiments to Enhance Productivity and Solve Problems
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 27, 2022
Do you have creative ideas that you wish you could transform into code?
Do you want to boost your problem solving and logic skills?
Do you want to enhance your career by adopting an algorithmic mindset?
In our increasingly digital world, coding is an essential skill. Communicating an algorithm to a machine to perform a set of tasks is vital. Beginner’s Guide to Code Algorithms: Experiments to Enhance Productivity and Solve Problems written by Deepankar Maitra teaches you how to think like a programmer. The author unravels the secret behind writing code – building a good algorithm. Algorithmic thinking leads to asking the right question and enables a shift from issue resolution to value creation. Having this mindset will make you more marketable to employers.
This book takes you on a problem-solving journey to expand your mind and increase your willingness to experiment with code.
- Learn the art of building an algorithm through hands-on exercises
- Understand how to develop code for inspiring productivity concepts
- Build a mentality of developing algorithms to solve problems
- Develop, test, review, and improve code through guided experimentation
This book is designed to develop a culture of logical thinking through intellectual stimulation. It will benefit students and teachers of programming, business professionals, as well as experienced users of Microsoft Excel who wish to become proficient with macros.
Table of Contents
1. What is an Algorithm? 2. Build your own game with a simple algorithm - Tic Tac Toe. 3. Explore your deductive logic – solve a Sudoku for ever. 4. Introduction to multi-platform integration – build your own Remote control. 5. The Organizer – Build your own virtual filing cabinet. 6. Merging Sheets – Combine multiple workbooks of the same format into one workbook automaticall. 7. Introduction to Graphs – create your own interface diagram instantly. 8. Shaping up – Analyze a picture and document its components in text. 9. Real Time currency conversion - An Introduction to simple Web Scraping techniques. 10. The genius of collaboration- Build a burglar alarm using a free webcam application. 11. Advanced Graphics – Complex visualizations and more. The Final Word. References. A little bit of Computer Science.
Deepankar Maitra is a sought-after information systems consultant. He has led the development and implementation of business software for over 30 years. As a strategic advisor for enterprises, he has been extensively involved in reducing risk, increasing efficiency, and improving the user experience through automation. From airlines to retail, fashion to entertainment, he has managed projects that cover five continents in a wide variety of industries. A coach and a mentor to the new generation of consultants, he has authored papers and presented in several international conferences. A Valedictorian and a National Talent Scholar, Deepankar graduated from the reputed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). He currently lives in the U.S. and is an executive in a leading international consulting firm.