Betrayal by the Brain The Neurologic Basis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and Related Neural Network
In his trademark, revolutionary style, Dr. Goldstein uses his model of neural dysregulation to incorporate basic neuroscience research into pathophysiology and treatment. Betrayal by the Brain presents a comprehensive thesis that clearly defines the biological basis for many of the varied symptoms experienced by chronic fatigue syndrome patients. Dr. Goldstein provides a rationale for the use of symptomatic therapies that have worked in many CFS patients. Betrayal by the Brain is a valuable handbook to assist the medical professional in the diagnosis and treatment of the many patients afflicted with this illness. It is of great value to medical professionals as well as academic researchers in psychiatry, biobehavioral sciences, psychoneuroimmunology, and pain management.Dr. Goldstein has added layers of regulation to the limbic system that help further explain limbic dysfunction in neurosomatic disorders, and he suggests novel methods of remediation. Betrayal by the Brain represents integrative thinking and the latest research and discoveries by Dr. Goldstein on neurosomatic disorders--the most common group of illnesses for which patients consult physicians.
- A Typical Neurosomatic New Patient Treatment Protocol
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Pain Modulation Disorder Related to Altered Limbic Function?
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Pathophysiology
- The Possible Roles of the Cerebellum and Basal Ganglia in Neurosomatic Neural Network Dysfunction
- Sleep and Arousal Generating Systems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Receptor Desensitization and Drug Tolerance