Worldwide energy and food crises are spotlighting the importance of bio-based products – an area many are calling on for solutions to these shortages. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology encapsulates the cutting-edge advances in the field with contributions from more than 50 international experts comprising sectors of academia, industry, and government research institutes, a virtual Who’s Who among biocatalysis scientists.
Created Under the Editorial Guidance of Leading Biotechnology Experts
With the aid of numerous graphs and illustrations, this authoritative reference documents such important advances as:
- Cloning and characterization of Kennedy pathway acyltransferases
- Engineering of plants for industrial uses
- New approaches from acquired tolerance to the biotic and abiotic stress of economically important crops
This comprehensive text also explores a variety of bio-based industrial products, including:
- The modification of enzyme character through gene manipulation
- The biocatalytic synthesis of chiral intermediates for drug development
- The use of Omega-3 phospholipid nano capsules as effective forms for transporting immune response modifiers
Providing in-depth reviews of this ancient field and its modern-day advances, Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology is an invaluable lab reference for teachers, graduate students, and industrial scientists conducting research in the biosciences.
Table of Contents
Biocatalysis. Improvement of Agronomic and Microbial traits. Bioenergy. Nanobiotechnology.
Ching T. Hou, Jei-Fu Shaw