Bioterrorism and Political Violence
The Internet can be a bewildering maze of information, often from questionable sources. This book points the way to reliable information on bioterror!
Since the September 11 attacks, there has been an unparalleled demand for information on bioterrorism. Bioterrorism and Political Violence: Web Resources is an ideal guide for people around the world who are turning to the Internet to find that information. This essential book provides you with comprehensive listings of many helpful websites, focusing on those run by government agencies, professional organizations, and educational institutions.
Because of the dynamic nature of the Internet, Bioterrorism and Political Violence: Web Resource also gives you tips on searching for other useful sites. It examines sites covering the full spectrum of concerns, from anthrax and hate crimes to nuclear terrorism and disaster preparedness. Bilingual resources and ways to help children cope with our rapidly changing world are also highlighted throughout. It?s been said that ?information is the best defense,? and with this book you?ll be able to find the information you need.
Bioterrorism and Political Violence: Web Resources will also show you how to find reliable information on related topics, including:
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- terms and issues related to terrorism in the Middle East
- sites that honor the victims of the September 11 attacks
- dealing with bereavement and grief
- the psychological impacts of terrorism
Table of Contents
- Selected Bioterrorism Web Sites for the Health Care Community and Consumer
- Anthrax Resources on the Web
- Information for Immunity: Internet Resources on Biological Agents as Terrorist Weapons
- Political Violence and Islam: Definitions and Web Resources
- September 11, 2001: Special Web Sites
- Surviving the Attack: Web Resources on the Emotional Impact of Terrorism
- Nuclear Terrorism: A Selection of Internet Resources
- It Wasn?t Raining When Noah Built the Ark: Disaster Preparedness for Hospitals and Medical Librarians Post September 11
- ?HOT? BIBLIOGRAPHIES
- News Sites: Locating News as It Happens
- Reference Notes Included