Blockchain, Internet of Things, and Artificial Intelligence provides an integrated overview and technical description of the fundamental concepts of blockchain, IoT, and AI technologies. State-of-the-art techniques are explored in depth to discuss the challenges in each domain. The convergence of these revolutionized technologies has leveraged several areas that receive attention from academicians and industry professionals, which in turn promotes the book's accessibility more extensively.
Discussions about an integrated perspective on the influence of blockchain, IoT, and AI for smart cities, healthcare, and other business sectors illuminate the benefits and opportunities in the ecosystems worldwide. The contributors have focused on real-world examples and applications and highlighted the significance of the strengths of blockchain to transform the readers’ thinking toward finding potential solutions.
The faster maturity and stability of blockchain is the key differentiator in artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. This book discusses their potent combination in realizing intelligent systems, services, and environments. The contributors present their technical evaluations and comparisons with existing technologies. Theoretical explanations and experimental case studies related to real-time scenarios are also discussed.
- Discusses the potential of blockchain to significantly increase data while boosting accuracy and integrity in IoT-generated data and AI-processed information
- Elucidates definitions, concepts, theories, and assumptions involved in smart contracts and distributed ledgers related to IoT systems and AI approaches
- Offers real-world uses of blockchain technologies in different IoT systems and further studies its influence in supply chains and logistics, the automotive industry, smart homes, the pharmaceutical industry, agriculture, and other areas
- Presents readers with ways of employing blockchain in IoT and AI, helping them to understand what they can and cannot do with blockchain
- Provides readers with an awareness of how industry can avoid some of the pitfalls of traditional data-sharing strategies
This book is suitable for graduates, academics, researchers, IT professionals, and industry experts.
Table of Contents
[S. Suganthi, T. Lucia Agnes Beena, D. Sumathi, and T. Poongodi]
2. Internet of Things
[S. Karthikeyan and B. Balamurugan]
3. Artificial Intelligence
[Ishita Singh, Joy Gupta, and K. P. Arjun]
4. Blockchain for Internet of Things I
[A. Reyana, S. R. Ramya, T. Krishnaprasath, and P. Sivaprakash]
5. A Comprehensive Overview of Blockchain-Driven IoT Applications
[Rajalakshmi Krishnamurthi and Dhanalekshmi Gopinathan]
6. Artificial Intelligence for Blockchain I
[Joy Gupta, Ishita Singh, and K. P. Arjun]
7. Artificial Intelligence for Blockchain II
[Ch. V. N. U. Bharathi Murthy and M. Lawanya Shri]
8. Fusion of IoT, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence for Developing Smart Cities
[M. Kiruthika and P. Priya Ponnuswamy]
9. Impact of AI, BC and IoT for Smart Cities
[Geethu Mary George and L. S. Jayashree]
10. Influence of AI, IoT, and BC for Healthcare in Smart Cities – I
11. Influence of AI BC and IoT for Healthcare – II
[T. Subha, R. Ranjana and T. Sheela]
12. How IoT, AI, and Blockchain Will Revolutionize Business
[Yogesh Sharma, B. Balamurugan, Nidhi Snegar, and Ilavendhan Anandaraj]
13. Storage, System Security and Access Control for Big Data IoT
[T. Lucia Agnes Beena, T. Kokilavani, and D. I. George Amalarethinam]
14. Security Challenges and Mitigation Approaches for Smart Cities
[S. Ponmaniraj, Tapas Kumar, V. Gokul Rajan, and Sanjay Sharma]
15. Security of IoT in Healthcare
[Supriya Khaitan, Rashi Agarwal, T. Poongodi, R. Indrakumari, and A. Ilavendhan]
16. Healthcare Internet of Things: The Role of Communication Tools and Technologies
[K. Lalitha, D. Rajesh Kumar, C. Poongodi, and Jeevanantham Arumugam]
Naveen Chilamkurti is the reader and associate professor and currently the Cybersecurity Discipline head of Computer Science and Information Technology at La Trobe University, Australia. He earned a PhD at La Trobe University in 2005. He is also the inaugural editor-in-chief for International Journal of Wireless Networks and Broadband Technologies, launched in July 2011. He is the author of various journal articles and multiple books. Dr. Chilamkurti was the head of the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (Bundoora and Bendigo Campus) from April 2014 to 2016.
T. Poongodi is an associate professor in the School of Computing Science and Engineering, Galgotias University, Delhi, NCR, India. She earned a PhD in information technology (information and communication engineering) at Anna University, Tamil Nadu, India. She is a pioneer researcher in the areas of big data, wireless ad-hoc network, Internet of Things, network security, and blockchain technology. She has published more than 50 papers in various international journals, national and international conferences, and book chapters in CRC Press, IGI Global, Springer, Elsevier, Wiley, and De-Gruyter and edited books in CRC, IET, Wiley, Springer, and Apple Academic Press.
Balamurugan Balusamy served as associate professor for 14 years at Vellore Institute of Technology. He completed his bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD degrees at top premier institutions. His passion is teaching and he adapts different design thinking principles while delivering his lectures. He has worked on around 30 books on various technologies and visited over 15 countries for his technical discourse. He has several top-notch conferences in his résumé and has published over 150 journal conference articles and book chapters combined. He serves in the advisory committee for several start-ups and forums and does consultancy work for industry on Industrial IoT. He has given over 175 talks at various events and symposiums. He is currently a professor at Galgotias University and teaches students and does research on blockchain and IoT.