Blockchain Technology and the Internet of Things looks at the electrifying world of blockchain technology and how it has been revolutionizing the Internet of Things (IoT) and cyber-physical systems (CPS). Aimed primarily at business users and developers who are considering blockchain-based projects, the volume provides a comprehensive introduction to the theoretical and practical aspects of blockchain technology. It presents a selection of chapters on topics that cover new information on blockchains and bitcoin security, IoT security threats and attacks, privacy issues, fault-tolerance mechanisms, and more. Some major software packages are discussed. It also addresses the legal issues currently affecting the field. The information presented here is relevant to current and future problems relating to blockchain technology and will provide the tools to to build efficient decentralized applications.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Blockchain Technology
Geeta Nijhawan et al.
2. An Overview of Blockchain Technology: Architecture, Consensus Algorithm, and Its Challenges
Pooja Dixit et al.
3. Blockchain, Bitcoin, and the Internet of Things: Overview
Jyotir Moy Chatterjee et al.
4. Blockchain and Bitcoin Security
Hoang Viet Long and Tong Anh Tuan
5. Blockchain Internet of Things
Siddharth Sagar Nijhawan, Aditi Kumar, and Shubham Bhardwaj
6. Securing the IoT with Blockchains
Rashmi Agrawal and Simran Kaur Jolly
7. Blockchain Technology and the Internet of Things
Sumathy Eswaran and S. P. Rajagopalan
8. Blockchain Internet of Things: Security and Privacy
9. Attacks on Blockchain-Based Systems
Tejas Khajanchee and Deepak Kshirsagar
10. Blockchain and Bitcoin Security: Security Threats in Bitcoin
Kapil Chouhan, Pramod Singh Rathore, and Pooja Dixit
11. Security and Privacy Issues in Blockchain Technology
D. Preethi, Neelu Khare, and B. K. Tripathy
12. Blockchain with Fault Tolerance Mechanism
Somesh Kumar Dewangan et al.
13. Blockchain and Bitcoin: From a Security Perspective
Tapasya Sharma et al.
14. Controlling Blockchain Mechanism Using the Internet of Things Technology
Palvadi Srinivas Kumar and Thota Siva Ratna Sai
15. A Study on Blockchain Technology: Application and Future Trends
Gurinder Singh, Vikas Garg, and Pooja Tiwari
Rashmi Agrawal, PhD, is presently working as professor at the Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad, India.
Jyotir Moy Chatterjee, MTech, is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the IT Department at Lord Buddha Education Foundation (Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation), Kathmandu, Nepal.
Abhishek Kumar, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Computer Science & Engineering Department at Chitkara University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh, India.
Pramod Singh, MTech, is Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Aryabhatt Engineering College and Research Centre, Rajasthan, India, and also a visiting faculty at Government University MDS Ajmer, India.