Distributed and P2P applications are increasing day-by-day, and cyberattacks are constantly adopting new mechanisms to threaten the security and privacy of the users in these Internet of Things (IoT) environments. Blockchain, a decentralized cryptographic-based technology, is promising for IoT security, affecting many areas, including manufacturing, finance, healthcare, supply chain, identity management, e-governance, defense, education, banking, and trading. Blockchain has the potential to secure IoT through repetition, changeless capacity, and encryption.
Blockchain for Information Security and Privacy provides essential knowledge of blockchain in mainstream areas of security, trust, and privacy in decentralized domains. The book is a source of technical information regarding blockchain-oriented software, applications. It gives tools to researchers and developers in both computing and software engineering so they can develop solutions and automated systems promoting security, trust, and privacy in cyberspace. The book features:
- Blockchain based secured data management in confidential cyber defense applications
- Secure online voting system using blockchain
- Secure electronic healthcare record (EHR) management using blockchain
- Blockchain impact of security and privacy in digital identity management
Blockchain-based security and privacy for smart contracts and smart properties
Giving an overview of blockchain technology application domains in IoT (e.g., Vehicle Web, Power Web, Cloud Internet, and Edge Computing) the book features side-by-side comparison of modern methods towards secure and privacy-preserving blockchain technology. It examines safety objectives, efficiency, limitations, computational complexity, and communication overhead, as well as presents a framework facilitating end-to-end Fog (Edge)-Cloud integration using blockchain. The book also addresses the combination of blockchain and Industrial IoT and explores novel various levelled information sharing systems where two sorts of sub-blockchain are framed considering adaptable access control.
Table of Contents
1. Blockchain Impact in Education and Security
S. Gomathi, Mukesh Soni, Utkarsh Nigam, and Bhavna Bajpai
2. Applying and Analyzing Several Blockchain Techniques in IoT And Big Data Sector
Nikhil Ranjan, Sarvesh Kumar, and Aakanksha Jain
3. Blockchain: Trends and Future Prospects
Priya R. Swaminarayan, Prof. Abhishek Mehta, Nihalkumar Parsania, and Ms. Khushi Solanki
4. Cybersecurity and Privacy Issues of Blockchain Technologies
Ayushi Dwivedi, Amarnath Mishra, and Debabrata Singh
5. Robust Digital Medical Image Watermarking and Encryption Algorithms Using SHA 256
Paresh Rawat and Piyush Kumar Shukla
6. Enhanced Privacy and Security of Voters Identity in IPFS Based E-Voting Process
Narendra Kumar Dewangan and Preeti Chandrakar
7. Blockchain-Enabled Secure Internet of Vehicles: A Solution Taxonomy, an Architecture, and Future Directions
Mohammad Zuhair, Umesh Bodkhe, Pronaya Bhattacharya, and Ashwin Verma
8. Blockchain-Based Federated Cloud Environment-Issues and Challenges
Umesh Bodkhe, Pronaya Bhattacharya, and Ashwin Verma
9. Blockchain Based Secured Data Management in Confidential Cyber Defence Applications
S. Satheesh Kumar, S. Gokul Kumar, B. Maruthi Shankar, S.A. Siva Kumar
10. Blockchain Technology for Privacy and Security Issues and Challenges in IoT Based Systems
C.J. Raman, S. Kanaga, S. Usha Kiruthika, and L. Javid Ali
11. Secure Online Voting System Using Blockchain
Mehak Wadhwani, Nisha Mansoori, Shivangi Tanwar, Aanchal Handa, and Bhavesh Gohil
12. Secure EHR Management Using Blockchain
Atharva Kalsekar, Avinash Jaiswal, Rogin Koshy, Sameer Mandloi, and Bhavesh Gohil
13. Blockchain Impact of Security and Privacy in Digital Identity Management
14. A New Ecosystem for Digital Identity Verification Using Blockchain
Shubham Gupta, Kevin Shah, Aditya Hirapara, Deep Mistry, Ankur Bang, and U.P. Rao
15. Blockchain-Based Security and Privacy for Smart Contracts and Smart Properties
Vivek Kumar Prasad, Chandan Trivedi, Dhaval Jha, and Madhuri Bhavsar
16. Blockchain Application in Digital Identity Management in Election
Rajiv Kumar Gupta, Sweta Gupta, and Rajit Nair
17. Leveraging Blockchain Technology for Decentralized Domain Name Broker Service
Hrishabh Sharma, Ujjwal Kumar, Rishabh Kumar, Amruta Mulay, and Sankita Patel
18. Using Blockchain for Digital Copyrights Management
Nirmal Kumar Gupta and Anil Kumar
Udai Pratap Rao received a Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from S.V. National Institute of Technology, Surat in 2014. He is currently associated with S.V. National Institute of Technology, Surat as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering. His research interests include information security and privacy, location-based privacy, data mining, Big Data analytics, and distributed computing, and methodologies that promote interdisciplinary education.
Piyush Kumar Shukla is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering in University Institute of Technology- Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (Technological University of Madhya Pradesh), Bhopal, M.P., India. He has around 15 years of experience in teaching and research. He has completed Post Doctorate Fellowship (PDF), "Information Security Education and Awareness Project Phase II.
Chandan Trivedi is working as an Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department. Prof Trivedi has more than 4 years of teaching experience. He received his B. Tech. degree in Computer Science Engineering from Rajasthan Technical University, Kota and M.Tech. in Computer Engineering from Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat.
Sweta Gupta is working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science & Engineering of JLU-School of Engineering & Technology. She has an overall 10+ years of Academic as well as Industrial Experience.
Zelalem Sintayehu Shibeshi holds a PhD from Rhodes University (2016), a BSc in Physics (1989), Associate Degree in Computer Science (1999), and MSc in Information Science (2001), all from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.