Distributed and peer-to-peer (P2P) applications are increasing daily, and cyberattacks are constantly adopting new mechanisms to threaten the security and privacy of users in these Internet of Things (IoT) environments. Blockchain, a decentralized cryptographic-based technology, is a promising element for IoT security in manufacturing, finance, healthcare, supply chain, identity management, e-governance, defence, education, banking, and trading. Blockchain has the potential to secure IoT through repetition, changeless capacity, and encryption.
Blockchain for Information Security and Privacy provides essential knowledge of blockchain usage in the mainstream areas of security, trust, and privacy in decentralized domains. This book is a source of technical information regarding blockchain-oriented software and applications. It provides tools to researchers and developers in both computing and software engineering to develop solutions and automated systems that can promote security, trust, and privacy in cyberspace.
- Applying blockchain-based secured data management in confidential cyberdefense applications
- Securing online voting systems using blockchain
- Safeguarding electronic healthcare record (EHR) management using blockchain
- Impacting security and privacy in digital identity management
- Using blockchain-based security and privacy for smart contracts
By providing an overview of blockchain technology application domains in IoT (e.g., vehicle web, power web, cloud internet, and edge computing), this book features side-by-side comparisons of modern methods toward secure and privacy-preserving blockchain technology. It also examines safety objectives, efficiency, limitations, computational complexity, and communication overhead of various applications using blockchain. This book also addresses the combination of blockchain and industrial IoT. It explores novel various-levels of information sharing systems.
Table of Contents
1. Blockchain Impact in Education and Society
S. Gomathi, Mukesh Soni, Utkarsh Nigam, Bhavna Bajpai, and Subrata Chowdhury
2. Apply and Analyse Several Blockchain Techniques in IoT and Big Data Sector
Nikhil Ranjan, Sarvesh Kumar, and Aakanksha Jain
3. Blockchain: Trends, Role and Future Prospects
Priya Swaminarayan, Abhishek Mehta, Nihal Parsania, and Khushi Solanki
4. Cybersecurity and Privacy Issues of Blockchain Technology
Ayushi Dwivedi, Amarnath Mishra, and Debabrata Singh
5. Robust Digital Medical Image Watermarking and Encryption Algorithms Using Blockchain over DWT Edge Coefficient
Paresh Rawat and Piyush Kumar Shukla
6. Enhanced Privacy and Security of Voters’ Identity in Interplanetary File System Based E-Voting Process
Narendra Kumar Dewangan and Preeti Chandrakar
7. Blockchain-Enabled Secure Internet of Vehicles: A Solution Taxonomy, Architecture, and Future Directions
Mohd Zuhair, Pronaya Bhattacharya, Ashwin Verma, and Umesh Bodkhe
8. Blockchain-Based Federated Cloud Environment: Issues and Challenges
Ashwin Verma, Pronaya Bhattacharya, Umesh Bodkhe, Mohd Zuhair, and Ram Kishan Dewangan
9. Blockchain-Based Secured Data Management in Confidential Cyber Defence Applications
S. Satheesh Kumar, S. Gokul Kumar, S. Chandraprabha, B. Maruthi Shankar, and S.A. Siva Kumar
10. Blockchain Technology for Privacy and Security Issues and Challenges in IoT-Based Systems
C.J. Raman, S. Usha Kiruthika, L. Javid Ali, and S. Kanaga Suba Raja
11. A Secure Online Voting System Using Blockchain
Mehak Wadhwani, Nisha Mansoori, Shivangi Tanwar, Aanchal Handa, and Bhavesh N. Gohil
12. Secure Electronic Health Records (EHR) Management Using Blockchain
Atharva Kalsekar, Avinash Jaiswal, Rogin Koshy, Sameer Mandloi, and Bhavesh N. Gohil
13. Blockchain Impact of Security and Privacy in Digital Identity Management
Smita Bansod and Lata L. Ragha
14. A New Ecosystem for Digital Identity Verification Using Blockchain
Shubham Gupta, Kevin Shah, Aditya Hirapara, Deep Mistry, Ankur Bang, and Udai Pratap Rao
15. Blockchain-Based Security and Privacy for Smart Contracts
Vivek Kumar Prasad, Chandan Trivedi, Dhaval Jha, and Madhuri Bhavsar
16. Blockchain Application in Digital Identity Management in Election
Rajeev Kumar Gupta, Sweta Gupta, and Rajit Nair
17. Leveraging Blockchain Technology for Decentralized Domain Name Broker Service
Sankita Patel, Ujjwal Kumar, Hrishabh Sharma, Amruta Mulay, and Rishabh Kumar
18. Using Blockchain for Digital Copyrights Management
Nirmal Kumar Gupta, Anil Kumar Yadav, and Ashish Jain
Udai Pratap Rao received a Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from S.V. National Institute of Technology, Surat in 2014. He is currently associated with S.V. National Institute of Technology, Surat as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering. His research interests include information security and privacy, location-based privacy, data mining, Big Data analytics, and distributed computing, and methodologies that promote interdisciplinary education.
Piyush Kumar Shukla is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering in University Institute of Technology- Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (Technological University of Madhya Pradesh), Bhopal, M.P., India. He has around 15 years of experience in teaching and research. He has completed Post Doctorate Fellowship (PDF), "Information Security Education and Awareness Project Phase II.
Chandan Trivedi is working as an Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department. Prof Trivedi has more than 4 years of teaching experience. He received his B. Tech. degree in Computer Science Engineering from Rajasthan Technical University, Kota and M.Tech. in Computer Engineering from Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat.
Sweta Gupta is working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science & Engineering of JLU-School of Engineering & Technology. She has an overall 10+ years of Academic as well as Industrial Experience.
Zelalem Sintayehu Shibeshi holds a PhD from Rhodes University (2016), a BSc in Physics (1989), Associate Degree in Computer Science (1999), and MSc in Information Science (2001), all from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.