Blue Shark Team-Building
Leading High-Performance Teams during a Crisis
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after October 4, 2021
Teams working in a crisis are teams working in high turbulence environments. Blue Shark Teams thrive in a crisis. They swim through turbulence and glide to project success. This book reveals the concepts and practical insight on how to form and lead Blue Shark Teams.
The Blue Shark Model of Leading High-Performance Teams is based on Daniel Goleman’s emotional intelligence model and Bruce Tuckman’s team-building model (forming, storming, norming, performing, and adjourning). This book shows how to apply these models to large companies, small-to-medium size businesses, and projects during a crisis. It explains how managers can develop their leadership style and lead high-performance teams. A real-life case study, which was a success story during COVID-19, is discussed to elaborate the team-building and emotional intelligence models. The lessons learned from this case study can be applied to any crisis in any industries across the spectrum, including healthcare, I.T., telecom, construction, manufacturing, oil and gas, airlines, financial services, retail, public sector, consulting, and public sector. The book arms managers with the concepts and techniques to lead and manage teams, projects, and companies during turbulent and volatile times.
If you are a CEO, CIO, CTO, or CXO of a Fortune 500 company, a mid-to-small size business owner, project manager, or a senior executive facing a crisis, this book is for you. It describes real-life case studies and projects and shows how the theoretical frameworks and models developed by leading researchers can be applied successfully to companies and projects, especially during a crisis and pandemic like COVID-19.
Table of Contents
2. Theoretical Frameworks and Models on Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and Team Building
3. Ten Strategies of Leading High-Performance Teams during a Crisis
4. Ten Critical Project Management Challenges and Solutions during a Crisis
5. Creating an Enabling Environment and I.T. Infrastructure during a Crisis
6. The Blue Shark Model of Leading High-Performance Teams
II. Case Study: The Blue Shark Team at WSDOT during Covid-19
7. The Blue Shark Team at WSDOT
8. Key Challenges Facing the GMS Project
9. Who’s Who on the Project
10. Organizational Challenges and Team Dynamics
11. Change Management, EQ, and DQ
12. Project Management Methodology, Tools, Techniques, and Processes
13. Project Governance, Monitoring, Control, and Evaluation
14. Lessons Learned
Rizwan A. Sheikh, Ph.D., PMP, is an experienced and internationally recognized management consultant, corporate executive, and Professor of strategy, leadership, team-building, and project management. He has been acknowledged globally as an innovative and dynamic leader, executive trainer, and thought leader with a proven track record of driving and meeting strategic targets. Dr. Sheikh is also a recipient of the Microsoft Award for “Innovative Vision and Dynamic Leadership.”