Brain and Behavior Computing offers insights into the functions of the human brain. This book provides an emphasis on brain and behavior computing with different modalities available such as signal processing, image processing, data sciences, statistics further it includes fundamental, mathematical model, algorithms, case studies, and future research scopes. It further illustrates brain signal sources and how the brain signal can process, manipulate, and transform in different domains allowing researchers and professionals to extract information about the physiological condition of the brain.
- Emphasizes real challenges in brain signal processing for a variety of applications for analysis, classification, and clustering.
- Discusses data sciences and its applications in brain computing visualization. Covers all the most recent tools for analysing the brain and it’s working.
- Describes brain modeling and all possible machine learning methods and their uses.
- Augments the use of data mining and machine learning to brain computer interface (BCI) devices.
- Includes case studies and actual simulation examples.
This book is aimed at researchers, professionals, and graduate students in image processing and computer vision, biomedical engineering, signal processing, and brain and behavior computing.
1. Simulation Tools for Brain Signal Analysis
Munaza Ramzan and Suma Dawn
2. Processing Techniques and Analysis of Brain Sensor Data Using Electroencephalography
Munaza Ramzan and Suma Dawn
3. Application of Machine-Learning Techniques in Electroencephalography Signals
Arun Sasidharan and Kusumika Krori Dutta
4. Revolution of Brain Computer Interface: An Introduction
Y. Saty Prakash, K. Vijay, and V. Karan
5. Signal Modeling Using Spatial Filtering and Matching Wavelet Feature Extraction for Classification of Brain Activity Pattern
Vrushali G. Raut, Sanjay R. Ganorkar, Supriya O. Rajankar, and Omprakash S. Rajankar
6. Study and Analysis of the Visual P300 Speller on Neurotypical Subjects
Mridu Sahu, Vyom Raj, Shreya Sharma, and Samrudhi Mohdiwale
7. Effective Brain Computer Interface Based on the Adaptive-Rate Processing and Classification of Motor Imagery Tasks
Saeed Mian Qaisar, Reem Ramadan, and Humaira Nisar
8. EEG-Based BCI Systems for Neurorehabilitation Applications
Muhammad Ahmed Khan, Rig Das, John Paulin Hansen, and Sadasivan Puthusserypady
9. Scalp EEG Classification Using TQWT-Entropy Features for Epileptic Seizure Detection
Komal Jindal, Rahul Upadhyay, Prabin Kumar Padhy, and Hari Shankar Singh
10. An Efficient Single-Trial Classification Approach for Devanagari Script-Based Visual P300 Speller Using Knowledge Distillation and Transfer Learning
Ghanahshyam B. Kshirsagar and Narendra D. Londhe
11. Deep Learning Algorithms for Brain Image Analysis
Sai Darahas Akkineni and S. P. K. Karri
12. Evolutionary Optimization Based Two Dimensional Elliptical FIR Filters for Skull Stripping in Brain Imaging and Disorder Detection
Savita Srivastava, Atul Kumar Dwivedi, and Deepak Nagaria
13. EEG-Based Neurofeedback Game for Focus Level Enhancement
Humaira Nisar, Han Shen Chong, Saeed Mian Qaisar, Yeap Kim Ho, and Chuang Huei Gau
14. Detecting K-Complexes in Brain Signals Using WSST2-DETOKS
Zahra Ghanbari and Mohammad Hassan Moradi
15. Directed Functional Brain Networks: Characterization of Information Flow Direction during Cognitive Function Using Non-Linear Granger Causality
Md. Hedayetul Islam Shovon, D. (Nanda) Nandagopal, Jia Tina Du, and Vijayalakshmi Ramasamy
16. Student Behavior Modeling and Context Acquisition: A Ubiquitous Learning Framework
Anandi Giridharan and K.A. Venkatesh