Browse's Introduction to the Symptoms & Signs of Surgical Disease is essential reading for all medical students learning the fundamentals of history taking and patient examination, when undertaking a surgical rotation, when preparing for their surgical exams and as they transition to postgraduate studies. Maintaining the engaging and readable style so central to Sir Norman Browse's early editions, the sixth edition of this classic text retains all the features beloved by generations of students while being fully revised and updated throughout in line with current surgical practice.
- Current – fully revised and updated
- Accessible – highly structured and consistent layout, supplemented by tables and revision panels for rapid reference in the pressured run up to qualifying exams
- Beautifully illustrated – packed with an unrivalled collection of colour photographs and explanatory line diagrams, refreshed for this new edition
- Expert editors – with a wealth of clinical and teaching experience, supported by contributors new to this edition bringing a fresh approach
- Companion website – visit www.routledge.com/cw/gossage for digital resources to supplement this textbook including self-assessment material, video animations and an image library
Now supplemented by online resources for the complete learning and revision package, this sixth edition remains indispensable for the clinical years of undergraduate study to postgraduate surgical training and beyond.
Table of Contents
History Taking and Examination. The Heart, Lungs and Pleura. The Brain, CNS and Peripheral Nerves. The Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue. The Symptoms, Signs and Emergency Management of Major Injuries. Musculoskeletal Conditions. Bones and Joints of the Upper Limbs (Including Hands). Bones and Joints of the Lower Limbs (Including Feet). The Spine and Pelvis. The Arteries, Veins and Lymphatics. The Mouth, Tongue and Lips. The Neck and Salivary Glands. The Breast. The Abdominal Wall, Herniae and the Umbilicus. The Abdomen. The Rectum and Anal Canal. The Kidneys, Urinary Tract and Prostate. The External Genitalia.
James A. Gossage BSc MS FRCS is Consultant General Upper GI Surgeon, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Matthew F. Bultitude MBBS MRCS MSc FRCS(Urol) is Consultant Urological Surgeon and Clinical Director for Transplant, Renal and Urology, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Steven A. Corbett BSc PhD FRCS FRCS(Tr & Orth) is Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust; Fortius Clinic, London, UK
Katherine M. Burnand FRCS(Paed Surg) is Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, St George’s Hospital, London, UK
Rajiv Lahiri BSc MD(res) FRCS is Senior Fellow in HPB Surgery, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Kevin Burnand MBBS FRCS MS is Emeritus Professor of Surgery, Kings College, London, UK