Business Information Systems and Technology A Primer
Business information systems and business information technology are integral aspects of modern business, and managers in these areas are now expected to have knowledge of human and managerial issues, as well as technical ones.
This concise and readable book is a level-by-level primer that addresses the core subjects in business information systems and business information technology to enhance students’ understanding of the key areas. Each chapter begins with a case study and features at the end: a summary of major points, glossary of terms, suggested further reading and student activities. Some areas covered include:
- Different functional areas of business, including accounting, HRM and marketing
- Development and implementation of information systems
- Methods to support the analysis and design of policy and practice
- Strategic management to align information technology with organizational needs
Covering the subject matter in a highly accessible manner, this is an ideal text for both undergraduate and masters students on business information systems, business information technology and business information management courses.
This text is supplemented with over 900 detailed powerpoint slides for instructors, accessible via the Routledge Instructor Resource page at http://cw.routledge.com/textbooks/instructordownload/
1. Introduction 2. Management and Organizations 3. Introduction to Information Systems 4. Applied Information Technology 5. E-commerce 1 6. Quantitative Methods 7. Accounting and Finance 8. Database Management 9. E-commerce 2 10. Organizational Behaviour 11. Systems Analysis and Design 12. Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence 13. Strategy and Information Systems 14. Project Management 15. Digital Society 16. E-commerce 3 17. Knowledge Management 18. The Project 19. Final Thoughts