Cedac A Tool for Continuous Systematic Improvement
When you're trying to improve quality and productivity, it's essential to target the right problems, get the right people involved in solving them, and make sure the solutions work. CEDAC will help you do all three. CEDAC, or Cause-and-Effect Diagram with the Addition of Cards, is a modification of the "fishbone diagram," a standard QC tool. One of the most powerful, yet simple problem solving methods to come out of Japan (Fukuda won a Deming Prize for developing it), CEDAC actually encompasses a whole cluster of tools for continuous systematic improvement.
- Window analysis for problem identification.
- The CEDAC diagram for problem analysis and development of standards.
- Nearly 50 illustrations and sample forms suitable for transparencies.
- Window development for ensuring adherence to standards.
- Three Driving Forces for Promoting Improvement Activity
- Window Analysis: Accurate Fact-Finding for Preventive Countermeasures
- Establishing Standards (Rights Methods) for Everyone to Use
- Knowing and Adhering to the Standard (Right Method)
"The process is great and will be an effective way to bring continuous improvement to our company.It puts problem solving into a systematic framework."
Michael C. Kain, Controller, Manpower, Inc. 06/01/04