Climate Change and Sustainable Development: Mitigation and Adaptation focuses on the link between climate change threats and sustainable development goals. This book analyzes the polices of climate change mitigation and adaptation from an economic point of view by addressing globalization, international trade, and business opportunities and challenges. Based on extended research on energy, transportation, agriculture, and more, the case studies included in this book present business opportunities linked to mitigation and adaptation actions; from European Union greenhouse gas emission trading to climate change adaptation policies in developing countries. It presents a framework for the harmonization of climate and sustainable development policies and their mutual outcomes.
- The first book to address main scientific aspects of climate change mitigation and sustainable development and how to deal with these main challenges in a harmonized way
- Provides practical examples of policies and business development opportunities linked with climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Analyses climate change challenges and provides implications for business development and good practice case studies from Europe
- Discusses issues of climate change at different scales ranging from macro to micro level
- Highlights the importance of climate change adaptation for developing countries, migration trends, city developments and agriculture
As the threat of climate change grows ever more present, resources like this book, that provide and discuss necessary solutions and frameworks for ways to deal with and mitigate that threat become ever more essential. This book is a vital resource for academics, students, and professionals in any field seeking to deal with the threats from climate change, and particularly those relating to environmental and climate sciences, as well as those in political and economic fields.