A precise, practical handbook, Clinical Laboratory Investigation and Psychiatry is an invaluable tool that explores day-to-day psychiatric practices and various situations that arise in the field of mental health. This unique and resourceful textbook is a must-have aid for front-line clinicians, psychiatrists, and other professionals working in the field of adult mental health.
This complete guide to clinical psychiatry:
- examines methods for improving patient care and clinical outcomes
- extensively investigates which blood samples and tests to consider when dealing with mental health patients
- illustrates the possible clinical outcomes and interprets them in an easy-to-access format
- deals with the complexities of patients under difficult circumstances
- guides clinicians through the proper use of the clinical laboratory
Table of Contents
Part I: 1. Introduction 2. Laboratory Aspects of Specific Psychiatric Disorders. 3. Selected Psychiatric Medication-associated Syndromes and Emergencies. 4. Laboratory aspects of psychopharmacology 1: General Psychopharmacology. 5. Laboratory aspects of psychopharmacology 2: Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 6. Laboratory aspects of selected organic disorders with psychiatric sequelae. 7. Laboratory aspects of drug and alcohol use. 8. Miscellaneous Topics. Part II: Specific laboratory parameters and psychiatry.