A Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Management
- Available for pre-order on March 20, 2023. Item will ship after April 10, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Melioidosis is an endemic tropical disease and is fast becoming an emerging global concern. Its clinical mimicry with several other common diseases has made its diagnosis and treatment difficult. This book identifies a gap in the literature and represents the management and diagnosis of this fatal but curable disease. It provides detailed coverage of its history, epidemiology, the latency of the agent, pathogenesis, manifestations, clinical clues for detection, microbiological diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and environmental aspects. This book is for clinicians, infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, and public health professionals, in countries where melioidosis is endemic.
• Provides practical guidance on clinical diagnosis, management, and prevention of melioidosis.
• Features high quality radiological and clinical photographs for clinicians and professionals.
• Explores the latest techniques and advancements in laboratory diagnosis.
Table of Contents
1. Melioidosis in Global Perspective and Challenges for Surveillance
2. Epidemiology of Melioidosis
3. History of Melioidosis
4. Pathogenesis and Virulence of Melioidosis
5. Laboratory Diagnosis of Melioidosis
6. Melioidosis: Pulmonary and other Systemic Manifestations
7. Radiological Imaging in Melioidosis
8. Diagnostic Interventional Procedures in Melioidosis
9. Drug Management of Melioidosis
10. Management of Melioidosis: A surgeon’s perspective
12. Gastrointestinal Melioidosis
13. Septicaemic Melioidosis
14. Cutaneous Melioidosis
15. Cardiac Melioidosis
16. Melioidosis of bone and joint
17. Prevention of Melioidosis
Dr. Prasanta Raghab Mohapatra is Professor and Head of Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, India.