Learning Made Simple books give you skills without frills. They are matched to the main qualifications and written by experienced teachers and authors to make often tricky subjects simple to learn. Every book is designed carefully to provide bite-sized lessons matched to readers' needs.
Using full colour thoughout and written by leading teachers and writers, Learning Made Simple books build on a rich legacy of over 50 years as leading publishers helping to learn new skills and develop their talents.
Whether studying at college, training at work, or reading at home, aiming for a qualification or simply getting up to speed, Learning Made Simple Books will give readers the advantage of easy, well-organized training materials in a handy volume you can refer to again and again.
These titles will be promoted direct to training companies and learners, and individuals will be urged to buy them not only by college lecturers but also by trainers at work. These titles will be core stock for years to come.
The books are written by experienced HR trainers and will be typeset by PK McBride (an experienced teacher and author of several Learning Made Simples himself). PK McBride has a thorough understanding of the ethos of the LMSs books and his involvement will insure that all titles have a layout and style consistent with the brand.
1. What is coaching?
2. The strengths and weaknesses of coaching
3. How people learn and learning styles
4. Motivation, personal experience and learning
5. Preparing yourself to coach
6. Initial diagnosis
7. Planning a coaching programme
8. Planning a coaching session
9. Getting the right resources and the physical environment right
10. Building a relationship
11. The skills of coaching
12. Some other communication skills
13. Overcoming barriers to learning
14. Monitoring progress
15. Moving on
16. Improving your own performance
17. Developing your career