Colloquial Irish The Complete Course for Beginners
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
Specially written by experienced teachers, this is an easy-to-use and completely up-to-date course which provides a step-by-step approach to spoken and written Irish, with no prior knowledge of the language required. This new edition offers updated cultural references and new audio material accompanying the course.
What makes Colloquial Irish your best choice in personal language learning?
- emphasis on the language of East Connemara, with a clear pronunciation guide and an appendix on dialectal differences within Irish
- stimulating exercises with lively illustrations
- effective combination of language points, dialogues, and cultural information
- Irish/English and English/Irish word lists.
By the end of this rewarding course, you will be able to communicate confidently and effectively in Irish in a broad range of everyday situations.
New audio material for this edition is available to download for free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
1. Ag cur aithne ar dhaoine
Getting to know people
2. Ag caint fút féin
Talking about yourself
3. Ag caint faoin teaghlach
Talking about the family
4. Ag lorg eolais faoi lóistín
Seeking information about lodgings
5. Ag caint faoi chaithimh aimsire
Speaking about pastimes
6. Ag cur síos ar imeachtaí an lae
Describing events of the day
7. Ag caint faoi na scileanna atá agat
Talking about the skills that you have
8. Ag cur síos ar chúrsaí oibre
Describing employment situations
9. Bia, deoch, agus ceol
Food, drink, and music
11. Cúrsaí siopadóireacht
12. Laethanta saoire
Key to exercises
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)