Colloquial Korean provides a step-by-step course in Korean as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Korean in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Korean will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Korean.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
Preface Acknowledgements Introduction 1. Greetings 2. Where Are You Going? 3. At the Office 4. Where Is It? 5. What Is This? 6. What Time Is It? 7. Dining Out 8. Meeting People 9. Transportation 10. Shopping 11. Travel 12. On the Phone 13. Weather 14. Family 15. At the Post Office 16. At the Bank 17. At the Hotel Answer Key to Exercises. Grammar Reference. Korean-English Glossary. English-Korean Glossary. Grammar Index.