Colloquial Norwegian provides a step-by-step course in Norwegian as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Norwegian in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- helpful notes about Norwegian society and culture
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Norwegian will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Norwegian.
Colloquials are now supported by FREE AUDIO available online. All audio tracks referenced within the text are free to stream or download from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio compliments the book and will help enhance learners’ listening and speaking skills.
Table of Contents
1 Tre studenter 2 På handletur 3 På tur 4 Tid og familie 5 Daglige aktiviteter: skole og fritid 6 Hjem, rom og møbler 7 Å holde kontakten— epost, brev og sosiale medier 8 Mat og drikke 9 Konfirmasjonen 10 Shopping 11 Helse, sykdom og skade 12 Reise 13 Geography 14 Jobber, yrker og framtidsplaner