Colloquial Tamil is easy to use and completely up to date!
Specially written by experienced teachers for self-study or class use, the course offers a step-by-step approach to spoken Tamil. While emphasis is placed on colloquial spoken Tamil, you are given a useful introduction to formal speech and the written language as well.
What makes Colloquial Tamil your best choice in personal language learning?
- Emphasis on authentic conversational language
- Clear explanations on how to pronounce and write the language
- Helpful grammar notes and reference grammar
- Comprehensive vocabulary lists (Tamil-English and English-Tamil)
- Lively illustrations and fascinating cultural insights throughout
By the end of this rewarding course, you will be able to communicate confidently and effectively in Tamil in a broad range of everyday situations.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
'Surpasses many of the previous publications not only in terms of the composition of the text but also in the systematic presentation of the text on two tapes and on two CDs.' - Archiv Orientálni. Quarterly Journal of African and Asian Studies, vol. 72