This book focusses on power quality improvement and enhancement techniques with aid of intelligent controllers and experimental results. It covers topics ranging from the fundamentals of power quality indices, mitigation methods, advanced controller design and its step by step approach, simulation of the proposed controllers for real time applications and its corresponding experimental results, performance improvement paradigms and its overall analysis, which helps readers understand power quality from its fundamental to experimental implementations. The book also covers implementation of power quality improvement practices.
- Provides solution for the power quality improvement with intelligent techniques
- Incorporated and Illustrated with simulation and experimental results
- Discusses renewable energy integration and multiple case studies pertaining to various loads
- Combines the power quality literature with power electronics based solutions
- Includes implementation examples, datasets, experimental and simulation procedures
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Mitigation Techniques 3. A Voltage-Controlled DSTATCOM for Power Quality Improvement 4. Power Quality Issues and Solutions in Renewable Energy Systems 5. Review of Control Topologies for Shunt Active Filters 6. Control Topologies for Series Active Filters 7. Control Strategies for Active Filters 8. An Active Power Filter in Phase Coordinates for Harmonic Mitigation 9. Line Harmonics Reduction in High-Power Systems 10. AC–DC Boost Converter Control for Power Quality Mitigation 11. Harmonic and Flicker Assessment of an Industrial System with Bulk Nonlinear Loads 12. LCL Filter Design for Grid-Interconnected Systems 13. Harmonics Mitigation in Load Commutated Inverter Fed Synchronous Motor Drives 14. Power-Quality Improvements in Vector-Controlled Induction Motor Drives