Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing contains keynote lectures and full papers presented at VIPIMAGE 2007 – 1st ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing, held in Porto, Portugal, on 17-19 October 2007. International contributions from fourteen countries provide a comprehensive coverage of the current state-of-the-art in:
- 3D Reconstruction;
- Computational Bioimaging and Visualization;
- Computer Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy, and Treatment;
- Data Interpolation, Registration, Acquisition and Compression;
- Image Processing and Analysis;
- Image Segmentation;
- Medical Imaging;
- Motion and Deformation Analysis;
- Objects Simulation;
- Objects Tracking;
- Signal Processing;
- Software Development;
- Telemedicine Systems and their Applications.
Related techniques covered in Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing include the finite element method, modal analyses, stochastic methods, principal and independent components analyses and distribution models. The book will be useful to academics, researchers and professionals in Computational Vision (image processing and analysis), Computer Sciences, Computational Mechanics and Medicine.