Computer Aided Highway Engineering is aimed at developing professional knowledge in the field of highway engineering with adequate skills in planning, designing and implementation of the highway project with an exposure of hands on training of computer software in designing the worldwide road infrastructures. It discusses Digital Terrain Model (DTM) using satellite data including highway geometric, pavement and tunnel design, supported by relevant tutorials. Quantity estimation, cost estimation and production of various types of construction drawings are described in detail with theory and tutorials backed by real project data.
- Recognizes the role of information and computer technology in various aspects of highway design.
- Reviews different tasks for feasibility studies and DPR with software applications.
- Explores topographic survey, Digital Terrain Model (DTM) and highway geometrics and, pavement and drainage design.
- Discusses project estimations for various revisions of the engineering work.
- Includes HEADS Pro along with chapter wise tutorials containing design and field data, tutorial guides and various tutorial videos.
This volume is aimed at Professionals in Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Transport Planning and Town Planning and Traffic Engineering.
Table of Contents
1. HIGHWAY ENGINEERING AND PROJECT OVERVIEW. 2. DESIGN STANDARDS. 3. INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER APPLICATIONS. 4. TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY AND DATA COLLECTION. 5. DESIGN OF HORIZONTAL ALIGNMENT. 6. DESIGN OF VERTICAL ALIGNMENT. 7. DESIGN OF CROSS SECTION ELEMENTS. 8. ESTIMATION OF EARTHWORK AND PAVEMENT QUANTITIES. 9. DESIGN DRAWINGS. 10. PROCESS PROJECT DATA FILE AND TEXT DATA FILES. 11. DESIGN OF AT-GRADE TRAFFIC INTERSECTIONS. 12. DESIGN OF GRADE SEPARATED INTERCHANGES. 13. DESIGN OF FLEXIBLE PAVEMENT. 14. DESIGN OF RIGID CONCRETE PAVEMENT. 15. HIGHWAY DRAINAGE AND DRAINAGE STRUCTURES.
Sandipan Goswami is well known for his technical contribution for about 35 years to the Academic Institutes and Project Preparation to make various preparatory work along with project planning and implementation successful for various State and Central Government authorities. HE has remained member of various professional societies and institutions which includes, Member of the Indian Road Congress, Member and Fellow of the Institution of the Engineers, India, Chartered Engineer, India, Professional Engineer (PE) as Foreign Engineer, Board of Engineers, Malaysia. He published the widely appreciated technical paper on "Project Development – Development of Rural Road Infrastructure, IRC". In his 35 years of professional career in India and Malaysia, has worked as Project Manager, Team Leader, Design Engineer, Sr. Consultant in West Coast Expressway and Vehicular Tunnels in Malaysia, for technical review of various project preparations, design audit in various States in India assigned by The World Bank, Design and Construction of various national and state highway projects, Bored Tunnel for Metro Rails, Airport Planning and Design etc. he also worked as Team Leader of Project Management Consultant for Urban Infrastructure Improvement, Institutional Development, Capacity Building with e-Governance, Construction Management of state Govt. funded by The World Bank.
Prof. Dr. P. K. Sarkar is worldwide renowned for his contribution to the Academic and industrial guidance and invaluable advices to make various research work and project planning successful. He has remained member of various professional societies and institutions and published about 120 research and technical papers / articles in national and international conferences/seminars/workshops and referred journals. In his professional career, has worked as Research Associate at School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, Scientist at Central Road Research Institute, Deputy General Manager at Rail India Technical Economic Services (RITES), Professor at School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, Director at Transportation for Asian Institute of Transport Development. During the last 40 years of professional career, has enriched his knowledge and gained professional and academic competence in the areas of Urban Transport Policy, Institutional framework, Intelligent Transport System, Public Transport Planning, Transportation Planning Model Building, Traffic engineering, Road Safety Audit, Urban Planning, Environment Planning, coupled with and Economic and financial Feasibility for transport projects. Besides these, he participated in development of various policies and plan initiatives in India including the highlights of National Urban Policies. A number of transport strategies such Sustainable Transportation, Transit Oriented Development with Concept of Inclusive cities. He is Presently engaged with the World Bank Funded Road safety Project on "Development of National Centre of Road Safety" the assignment is awarded by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Govt of India.