Computer Aided Highway Engineering is aimed at developing professional knowledge in the field of highway engineering with adequate skills in planning, designing and implementation of the highway project with an exposure of hands on training of computer software in designing the worldwide road infrastructures. It discusses Digital Terrain Model (DTM) using satellite data including highway geometric, pavement and tunnel design, supported by relevant tutorials. Quantity estimation, cost estimation and production of various types of construction drawings are described in detail with theory and tutorials backed by real project data.
- Recognizes the role of information and computer technology in various aspects of highway design.
- Reviews different tasks for feasibility studies and DPR with software applications.
- Explores topographic survey, Digital Terrain Model (DTM) and highway geometrics and, pavement and drainage design.
- Discusses project estimations for various revisions of the engineering work.
- Includes HEADS Pro along with chapter wise tutorials containing design and field data, tutorial guides and various tutorial videos.
This volume is aimed at Professionals in Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Transport Planning and Town Planning and Traffic Engineering.