Construction Contract Administration for Project Owners is aimed at public and private owners of real estate and construction projects. The book is intended to assist owners in their contractual dealings with their designers and their contractors. Most owners are not primarily in the business of designing and building facilities. The fact that their primary business is not design and construction places them at a disadvantage when negotiating, drafting, and administering design agreements and construction contracts because their designers and contractors use these documents every day. This book is intended to assist owners to redress this imbalance by equipping owners to draft and administer contracts so as to protect their interests.
The book is aimed at owner personnel with all levels of knowledge in the business of managing projects. It can serve as a comprehensive introduction to drafting and administering design agreements and construction contracts for beginners. For intermediate level personnel, it can serve as a manual to be read to enhance the reader’s skills in this area. For the sophisticated project management professional, it can serve as a resource to be consulted in connection with very specific issues as they arise on a project.
1. Project Delivery Methods
2. Introduction to Effective Preparation of Contracts
3. Techniques for Effective Contract Administration
4. Key Issues in Drafting the Designer Agreement
5. Administering the Design Agreement
6. Drafting and Administering Consultant Agreements
7. Key Issues in Drafting the Construction Contract
8. Administering the Construction Contract
9. Change Orders and Claims
10. Closing Out the Construction Contract