Quality management is essential for facilitating the competitiveness of modern day commercial organisations. Excellence in quality management is a requisite for construction organisations who seek to remain competitive and successful. The challenges presented by competitive construction markets and large projects that are dynamic and complex necessitate the adoption and application of quality management approaches.
This new edition of Construction Quality Management provides a comprehensive evaluation of quality management systems and tools. Their effectiveness in achieving project objectives is explored, as well as applications in corporate performance enhancement. Both the strategic and operational dimensions of quality assurance are addressed by focusing on providing models of best practice.
The reader is supported throughout by concise and clear explanations and with self-assessment questions. Practical case study examples show how various evaluative-based quality management systems and tools have been applied. Subjects covered include:
New chapters consider the influence of Building Information Modelling (BIM) on quality management. The text should be of interest to construction industry senior managers, practicing professionals and academics. It is also an essential resource for undergraduate and postgraduate students of construction management, project management and business management courses.
1. An Overview of the Key Theorists and Quality Philosophy
2. Measuring Project and Corporate Performance
3. BS EN ISO 9001 FULLY REVISED IN LINE WITH NEW SEPTEMBER 2015 UPDATES
4. Total Quality Management and the European Foundation for the Quality Management Excellence Model
5. Quality and Environmental Management Systems
6. Developing a Learning Organisational Culture
7. Quality Management for Health and Safety on Construction Projects
8. BIM and Quality Management