Consultancy and Innovation links two important aspects of European economic development in the past thirty years: the pace of technical and management innovation, and the growing significance of technical and business consultancy. This book includes detailed studies of consultancy activities or 'knowledge intensive services' (KIS) in eight EU countries, written by national experts in the field.
Introduction: Knowledge-Intensive Services, Consultancy and Innovation
Part I: Business Consultancy Growth and Innovation: A European Perspective
1. Innovation and the Growth of Business Consultancy: Parallel but Associated Trends?
2. European Consultancy Growth: Nature, Causes and Consequences
3. How May Consultancies be Innovative
Part II: National and Regional Variations in Knowledge-Intensive Service Development
4. France: Knowledge-Intensive Service and Territorial innovative Dynamics
5. Germany: Knowledge Intensive Services in a Manufacturing-Led Economy
6. The Netherlands: Knowledge-Intensive Service Markets in a Trade-Based Economy
7. The United Kingdom: Knowledge-Intensive Services in a Restructuring Economy
8. Italy: Knowledge-Intensive Services and Policies for the North and South
9. Greece: Knowledge-Intensive Services and Economic Development
10. Portugal: Knowledge-Intensive Services and Modernisation
11. Spain: Knowledge-Intensive Services: a Paradigm of Economic Change
12. Knowledge-Intensive Services: The Diversity of Processes and Policies