Consumer Behaviour in Hospitality and Tourism
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 16, 2021
Consumer behavior includes individual decision-making (IDM). IDM has implications in customer satisfaction, loyalty and other behavioral intentions toward the organizations’ products and services. Consumer Behavior in Hospitality and Tourism targets to study consumers and tourists in different leisure and touristic places such as hotels, convention centers, amusement parks, national parks, and the transportation sector.
The aim of this book is to provide a broad view of novel topics and presents the current scenario in the hospitality and business arena. This edited volume has seven chapters and each chapter addresses varied themes relating to consumer behavior ranging from sustainable tourism, environmental issues, and green tourism to the impact of hotel online reviews using social media. It will be of great interest to researchers and scholars interested in Consumer Behaviour, Hospitality, and Tourism.
The chapters in this book were originally published as a special issue of the Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science: Bridging Asia and the World.
Table of Contents
1. Consumer behavior in hospitality and tourism
Saurabh Kumar Dixit, Kuan-Huei Lee and Poh Theng Loo
2. Visitors’ satisfaction from ecotourism in the protected area of the Indian Himalayan Region using importance–performance analysis
Priya Bhalla and Prodyut Bhattacharya
3. How user-generated judgments of hotel attributes indicate guest satisfaction
Sangeetha Gunasekar and Sooriya Sudhakar
4. Customer brand identification, affective commitment, customer satisfaction, and brand trust as antecedents of customer behavioral intention of loyalty: An empirical study in the hospitality sector
Raouf Ahmad Rather, Shehnaz Tehseen, Murtaza Hassan Itoo and Shakir Hussain Parrey
5. Hotel’s best practices as strategic drivers for environmental sustainability and green marketing
Chindu Chandran and Prodyut Bhattacharya
6. Evaluation of official destination website of Maharashtra state (India) from the customer perspectives
Harshada Rajeev Satghare and Madhuri Sawant
7. Consumer engagement in village eco-tourism: A case of the cleanest village in Asia – Mawlynnong
Neeraj Sharma and Bijoylaxmi Sarmah
8. Recycling on vacation: Does pro-environmental behavior change when consumers travel?
Jason Oliver, Stefanie Benjamin and Hillary Leonard
Saurabh Kumar Dixit is Associate Professor and founding Head of the Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong (Meghalaya), India. His research interests include Consumer Behavior, Gastronomic Tourism, and Experiential Management and Marketing in hospitality and tourism contexts. He has twelve books to his credit. His recent profile can be seen at https://www.routledge.com/authors/i15903-saurabh-dixit
Kuan-Huei Lee is Associate Professor at Singapore Institute of Technology, graduated from The University of Queensland, PhD in Tourism Management. Her research interest includes food tourism, food and beverage management and cross-cultural studies of tourists.
Poh Theng Loo is Assistant Professor at I-Shou University, graduated from Taylor’s University, Malaysia, PhD in Hospitality and Tourism. Her research interest includes any topics of consumer behaviour and services marketing in tourism and hospitality.
Featured Author Profiles
"I found the book interesting to read. I learned many different tourism practices, especially the topic of green marketing and recycling behavior on vacation. The book is a much-awaited contribution complied with contemporary issues that offer updated knowledge in the area of consumer behavior. It offers a variety of cutting edge and current topics while exploring relevant practical examples supported by sound theoretical contributions and critical debates. I recommend this book and believe it is a key reference for researchers, lecturers, and students, and it is also an essential read for others keen to learn more about consumer behavior in tourism."
- Xiang Ying, MEI, PhD, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences, Norway
"The book covers several pertinent topics that are attracting important attention in the field of consumer behavior in tourism, ranging from assessment of performance, guest hospitality assessment, brand identification, green marketing, local community engagement, and recycling behavior. The title appears quite interesting and enabling learners to have insights into different facets of consumer behavior of hospitality and tourism."
- Sari Lenggogeni, PhD, Universitas, Andalas, Indonesia
"Consumer Behavior in Hospitality and Tourism is a concerted collection of studies featuring strategies and tips to better engage the community as consumers, predict customer brand trust, evaluate official destination websites, implement green hotel practices, increase positive sentiment reviews for hotels, improve consumer recycling behaviours during vacations, and measure visitor satisfaction from ecotourism experiences. The book editors, Saurabh K. Dixit, Kuan-Huei Lee, and Poh Theng Loo, have highlighted interesting hospitality and tourism cases, including how one tourism site became the cleanest village in Asia!"
- Catheryn Khoo-Lattimore, PhD, Multi-award-winning Tourism Researcher and Consultant to the UNWTO